Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tanning (Read 2549 times)
Cassandra
CH.com Junior

The best thing in my life
is my son!

x0|Riesterstown|USA||0|0|MD,Maryland
Tanning
Feb 27th, 2010 at 9:59am

So, i have been free from the beast for a little more than a year.. I was tanning for a month, and a week after i stopped the beast was at my door.  I got to thinking.. If these are indeed seasonal for me, can i trick my body into thinking it's summer?
The lack of sunlight has been known to trigger depression, what if it is my trigger (or one of the many on my list)? 

I have been tanning non stop since i thought of this, taking melatonin, and slamming energy shots and lattes with 4 shots of espresso in them everyday.. i am still getting them an average of 3 a day.. but they only goto a kip 6-7

any thoughts?

WWW http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=searc Cassandra9988 susie152  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Re: Tanning
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:11am

You can't die from ch, but you can die from skin cancer.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:16am

I thought your trigger was coffee?

Potter

IP Logged

Cassandra
CH.com Junior

is my son!

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:17am

I know.. i am not using this as an excuse to go back (believe me, i can't afford to do this forever)

IP Logged

Cassandra
CH.com Junior

is my son!

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:19am

my beast is funny.. the smell of brewing coffee (strong brewing coffee) sets me off.. drinking it, doesn't.. weird i know..

And as i get older the triggers are different. people smoking set me off... now.. not at all

IP Logged

Chad from mn
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Minnesota
Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 2:32pm

There is a good chance.Prior to getting mine this time i was tanning two times a week.I stopped and now im getting them again

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:08pm

Quote:
any thoughts?

It was simply your time to go into cycle.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Chad from mn
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Minnesota
Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:15pm

Linda

Are u really sure of that though?

IP Logged

cappu99
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:48pm

WOW!!! I had a skin condition in november. It was treated by a dermatologist, and I was left with white spots all over my back and chest. I was embarrased taking my shirt off in the gym locker room, so I decided to go tanning, which is the first time I ever visited a tanning salon. I went about eight times, last time was first week in december and I started a cycle two weeks later. The stange thing is I nerver had a cycle in the winter, I get one in the fall and sometime in the spring. I also thought that tanning may have triggered this cycle.

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:53pm

Well 3 people say tanning trigger or postpones cycle, some people say its bs.

Any thoughts from others?

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 4:22pm

I was simply suggesting it.   Many, many times over the last 11 years of being here... I have heard people say  similar things,  wondering if this or that triggered an episode only to find out different.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 4:29pm

Heat was always a trigger for me. I could lay out in the sun and shortly afterwards, feel one coming on. The same for tanning booths. But only when in cycle.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 4:38pm

99% percent of my hits have been in summer. This is when I am most tan, but also exposed to more heat and pollen and longer days, so I don't know exactly what is the cause and what is coincidence. UV is a mixed bag - it raises vitamin D (which reduces the risk of about 20 kinds of cancer plus many chronic diseases) but it raises free radical production, causes skin damage and increases the risk of a handful of skin cancers.  I would say on balance, modest sun exposure is beneficial ... but getting a little bit each day is better than getting too much once a week. The one good thing about skin cancers are they are relatively easy to spot and treat if caught early.  Vitamin D supplements or cod liver oil do not raise the risk of skin cancer, and might be the optimal method for cubicle dwellers.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2010 at 4:39pm by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 4:54pm

interesting post. i dont think anyone has mentioned daylight as being a factor. last 2 cycles hit me in the winter time. i like it that way. if im working out in the cold i dont get hit as often. last summer cycle i had, the air conditioning would set off attacks. dryness is a definite trigger.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #14 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 7:52am

Jimi wrote on Feb 27th, 2010 at 4:29pm:
Heat was always a trigger for me. I could lay out in the sun and shortly afterwards, feel one coming on. The same for tanning booths. But only when in cycle.

I am in cycle now I live in florida and if i lay in the sun I find I will get hit shortly after i get out of the sun! Just my 2 cents! Smiley

IP Logged

Arde
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Dayton, TX.
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 8:29am

deltadarlin wrote on Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:11am:

I've wondered about that. CHs cause a lot of stress either directly or indirectly. It would seem to me that someone with a pre-existing heart condition might be more likely to have a heart attack because of them. They sure feel like they take a toll on the body what with the lack of sleep and stress knowing there's another on coming.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 11:09am

Arde wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 8:29am:
deltadarlin wrote on Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:11am:

I've wondered about that. CHs cause a lot of stress either directly or indirectly. It would seem to me that someone with a pre-existing heart condition might be more likely to have a heart attack because of them. They sure feel like they take a toll on the body what with the lack of sleep and stress knowing there's another on coming.

i've heard imitrex causes heart problems.

IP Logged

Cassandra
CH.com Junior

is my son!

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 1:15pm

There are side effects for everything we are all trying.. Too much red bull = stomach problems, tanning =  skin cancer..  Cluster headaches = suicide ( done by my own father)

Honestly, it's always a chance everyone has to take. No matter what you are on... you are taking the chance that you are going to have some type of reaction to it. I am willing to take the chance.. a pain free day over looking like a nut bag in front of my co-workers, people that come into my restruant, and trying to make it so that my 7 year old son doesn't get teased at school cause mommy is crazy.

IP Logged

Chad from mn
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Minnesota
Reply #18 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 2:21pm

Last night was the first night in a m onth without a ch.I was so happy when i woke up this morning.Although about two hrs after being up i felt one coming on pretty fast.Salmmed a red bull and it went away in like 5 minutes.Im so amazed!!!

IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #19 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:22pm

I used to go a few times every winter when I'd feel the winter blues coming on... I stopped when I got CH because the heat was a HUGE trigger. Nothing like getting one in the room & then being embarrassed to leave because one eye is bright red & weepy...

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!