Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got a really stupid question (Read 1623 times)
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Got a really stupid question
Feb 27th, 2010 at 1:29am

The severity of my cycles has seemed to be inversely proportionate to my weight.  Now, understand that this is not a very big sample set and could have absolutely no relevance, but has anyone noticed that putting on weight has lowered the severity?

This makes little sense to me since there has been some information about testosterone levels and they are decreased in overweight men.

Any thoughts?

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Got a really stupid question
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 11:15am

By no means a scientific study....but I have consistently put on weight as I've aged. At 18-19 when CH first started, I was at 150 pounds..(soaking wet with a stiff tail wind).....now I'm a few weeks from 50 and I'm hovering at 190. The last 10 years my cycles have been farther apart and less severe. Now for all the variables:

I've long read on the board of peoples CH getting less severe as they age and even stopping all together.

I am far more exact in my monitoring of cycles and being strict about taking my prevents and always having my abortives on hand.

But a good question......

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 1:55pm

Eric,  You've been here long enough to know that are no stupid questions, my friend.   Wink

Not that I can answer your question, you understand.  I weigh less than I did in 6th. grade.  Undecided

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 4:39pm

A real interesting question....are clusterheads "skinny bolinks" as my Mom would say?

Myself...6'3" and 184#...and if you think that's skinny...30 yrs ago I was 154#.

During my "episodicity" days...would typically lose 10 lbs per cycle from lack of appetite and stress(?). Would be the ultimate cruel irony if the beast feeds when you DON'T.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 6:05pm

My last two cycles have been ridiculously less severe and I weight a substantial amount more than ever before.  In the lats 6 weeks, I have lost a bit of weight and the headaches have got a bit worse.

I am not on a prevent right now, so it isn't more effective use of meds that made my cycles less.

Far from scientific but somewhat weird.

With that said, my headaches have still been very tolerable and thus I am not complaining, just mentioning a strange coincidence.

I have that new not inject-able triptan that shoots the meds in with air but haven't tried it yet.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 6:23pm

Eric,

You set me to thinking about the last 13 years of being chronic......so maybe it doesn't count, but:

When I get really, really stressed I lose weight - very significantly. When I'm stressed, my CH's wane - very significantly.

Right now I'm heavy and working my way back down from 235 lbs (my all time high at 6'1") headed for my norm of 190-195 lbs - and I'm getting absolutely slammed...............

Marc

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 1:47pm

100 lbs at 11 yrs old, 250 lbs at 30 yrs old, 235 lbs at 41 yrs old...no changes noted due to weight...think it might be age related (with luck) that my remission periods are further apart.

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 3:33pm

I've been up and down (right now I'm down) so as an upper/downer... my CH is less severe when I'm a downer. But I usually do everything basswards so I guess I'm not that good a scientific study... Smiley  (And it was the pred that caused the worst upper and the most weight gain!)

Right now I've got the Pig Flu and am on a downer and not getting hit. Just have a damn old "ordinary" headache the Pigs gave me.

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 3:38pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 4:53pm

Thas SOOOOO messed up........ Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 5:11pm

It's WYSIWYG with me, brutha.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2010 at 4:30pm

Not sure if there is a relationship, but mine began after I started gaining weight.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!