Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MRI results (Read 304 times)
Jbrigham77
CH.com Junior

I'm Me, nothing more,
nothing less.

Poquoson, VA
MRI results
Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:05pm

I haven't posted in over a week.  I ended up in the local ER a week ago as I had a sudden headache worse than any I ever felt before. It wasn't a cluster as my whole head felt like it would explode.  Pain killers and sent me on my way home.  Called Neuro next day, gave me pain pills. 
The daily headaches have stopped completely and now am only getting 1 headache nightly about 2 hrs after I fall asleep.  So Dr now thinks I have migraines, CH and parosxymal hemicrania as well.  I am taking about 3 different meds a day right now. 
I had my MRI this past wednesday.  Dr called with the results tonight as he had another dr look at it to be sure.  I have a small pituitary tumor.  He said that some people with CH present on MRI with a tumor and at this point we are doing the wait and see approach. I see him in 2 months and redo the MRI in 6 months.  I have to have some blood work done as well before May to see what if they can determine what type of tumor I have. 
But on a good note. I saw my surgeon about the horrible Lupron injection I had back in Dec.  I will not be getting another injection next week as planned. I refused to have it again.  We wait to see how my body and brain (I think all the headache problems lately are caused by this shot I had as it messes with the pituitary gland) do over the next 1 and 1/2 months and either do nothing or I got back to have another surgery. 
I hope that everyone has a PF weekend.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!