Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CH Book... (Read 1035 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
CH Book...
Feb 23rd, 2010 at 1:43pm

I am NOT endorsing this book, however I am always eager to learn more about CH's.  Has anybody else heard of this author and/or read this book?  Thoughts?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: CH Book...
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 1:46pm

LasVegas wrote on Feb 23rd, 2010 at 1:43pm:
I am NOT endorsing this book, however I am always eager to learn more about CH's.  Has anybody else heard of this author and/or read this book?  Thoughts?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I think you just broke the camels back.

Potter

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 1:53pm

so what are you saying Potter, this guy is full of shit or his book is credible?

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:49pm

Not sure what he meant either???

I don't recall if that book has been talked about yet, there have been several brought up here. I would be suprised if it had much in the way of useful information. I only say that because the more effective treatments have been really recent, and even the succesful ones like imitrex and oxygen, we constantly change HOW we use them to make them more effective.

That being said if you have the $30 what have you got to lose! You're foolish to take ANYTHING as gospel...including the stuff on this board,  Wink so it's hard to argue with building a better knowledge base. Let us know what you think of it!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:55pm

Joe, I 100% agree with you, but was curious if anybody knew of this author and/or book.  This board is 'real time' and by the time somebody reads that book or any book, it could be considered yesterday's news as we are always learning from the greatest resource available...each other on this board.

IP Logged

dhames1428
CH.com Newbie

Thanks, I'll try Ibuprofen.
Hadn't thought of that

Plano, TX
Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:57pm

This does not appear to be a real book... I just searched for it on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble with no results... maybe it's a "web book"?   Also, the website is full of grammatical errors and typos, which makes me question the credibility of the site, and I've never heard of "AlertPay" as a secure system for making online payments.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 3:43pm

If the order gets sent to Waunakee, WI, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. It's full of ripped-off stuff from this site and a few others.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 6:04pm

dhames1428 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:57pm:
This does not appear to be a real book... I just searched for it on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble with no results... maybe it's a "web book"?   Also, the website is full of grammatical errors and typos, which makes me question the credibility of the site, and I've never heard of "AlertPay" as a secure system for making online payments.

Exactly dhames .  LasVegas,  Before posting sometimes it's a good thing to stop, take a breath, check it out and think about what you got to say.

Potter

Potter

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 6:07pm

just found out the book is delayed and will be out in March.  I personally doubt the credibility of thid particular author and wanted to know if anybody here is familiar with this author, thoughts of book, etc.

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 8:40pm

try googling alertpay and look at the link to scam.com and see what you think . as far as i can tell they've been about since 2005 so if they are a scam then i would have thought that we would of herd about it by now .
as for the book ,the site dose look a bit dodgy, think i would wait till it could be ordered from a book shop.

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!