Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The beast is being especially tricky this time (Read 498 times)
Judge_Smails
CH.com Junior

|maplewood|USA|New_Jersey
The beast is being especially tricky this time
Feb 22nd, 2010 at 4:16pm

My usual cycle is about 5 weeks and my current cycle started the last week in December.  So when I went last week without a hit or shadow I thought it was safe to start tapering off my verapamil.  Big mistake.  I got hit 5 times in the past 36 hours and am now rushing to ramp back up on the meds.  I'm glad it was over the weekend, but the worst part is that my O2 wasn't effective until the most recent hit so I had to resort to Trex.

Just feeling a little pissed, this cycle "should" be over.  Now I have to get my verapamil prescription refilled and wait another couple of weeks to see if I'm in the clear.  Upon seeing me sucking down the O2 this morning my wife asked, "I thought your cycle was over?"  I had to reluctantly admit to her that it's an inexact science and to coin an investment phrase, "past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Angry

IP Logged

jen in mn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: The beast is being especially tricky this time
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 6:47pm

reminds me of a sign at a rest-stop "warning: dangerous snakes past this point".... does the DNR come out and hold a training session w/ the venomous snakes making them sign contracts promising not to cross that point?

The "beast" has not read the studies, cycle information, etc and continues to make its own rules ....   feel better soon.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The beast is being especially tricky this time
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 12:37pm

When I used Verapamil I'd wait for 3-4 weeks of PF time before beginning to taper off the meds.  I've been where you are.  It just sucks.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!