Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question (Read 616 times)
9811shaun
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

bournemouth uk
question
Feb 12th, 2010 at 4:29am

hi all, i have been episodic for about 15 years but only my second cycle with o2. a cycle is always 3 months for me with 9 months remission. my question is could there be any link with o2 and the fact i am now into my 4th mnth and am getting hit every 90 mins through the night. the 02 deals with most and imigran takes care of the rest. i havent been hit this regular or for so long before, just wandered if any body else has experienced this when starting 02, regards shaun.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Re: question
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 6:55am

If you're wondering if the O2 is prolonging your cycle, I doubt it.  Remember the beast can morph at any moment.  Too much Imigran or Imitrex can cause rebounds.  I had cycles that were 7 weeks, others that were 4 and 2.  Some cycles come twice a year, some come once.  So that beast can morph all over the place.  I do believe that rc seeds have reduced all of these factors all together, but that's just a guess.  Furthermore, I'm not going to rely that the seeds for me will work forever because of that "morph" factor.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 7:08am

I don't think so.  It seems to me that just when you think you know what the beast is going to do.  He morphs.  The bastard loves to mess with you.

Sorry you're getting slammed so hard.  Could the attacks every 90 min be reattacks?  How long are you staying on the O2?  Are you using coffee or energy drinks?  When he's being particularly sutbborn with me an energy drink can put the final nail in his coffin for a bit.

Of course you need to be careful mixing the Taurine in Energy drinks with Verapamil.  Both are calcium channel blockers.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 9:32am

There has been a lot of discussion on the board over the concern that imitrex can extend cycles. I've been using oxygen for over 15 years, like you my cycles were like clockwork, 2 a year, spring and fall, 8-12 weeks long. Used imitrex for the first time and that cycle went over 8 months followed by a 2 year remission!

Not exactly a double blind, publishable study, but it gives you an idea of how hard it is to establish cause and effect with a condition that feels so free to morph. We have had a tremendous increase in oxygen users on this board, and have not seen a corresponding increase in cycle lenths. My GUESS would be it's not the 02 but just a morph.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!