Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Read this please....taurine combo helped me (Read 1234 times)
no, an asprin wont help...
CH.com Newbie

wow...that hurts

San Diego
Read this please....taurine combo helped me
Feb 9th, 2010 at 11:36pm

Hi all,
It's been some time since I've been here. The last time I posted a message, I read some completely obscure method, AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!! I've had these CH for 20 years now. I have tried EVERYTHING, diet, pills, O2, ALL this stuff....oxygen worked by itself for about three or four times. Then my headaches got mad and morphed. They don't like when i feel good.

Here is what worked for me: This odd combo/ritual works for me RIGHT now EVERY TIME (I hope to god it keeps working) Rockstar (the big one) right when you know it's coming, 02 right away, stand on the concrete (lower body temp??) and breathe out through nose in a dark place (with black t shirt over right eye. Think that you are breathing out the pain through your nose with each breath) This combo has worked for me for the last year, and it won't change it a bit. I won't even get another brand of drink, although I've heard things about taurine. Some guy on this forum posted a version of this, and he pretty much saved my life from these 'swear word' headaches. 20 years...............and I could have not suffered if I knew about this before. I know this might not work for some, but if you could try it??? Cheesy.........In the middle of a cycle now. I have had one everyday and they are gone in 20-45 min WOW! message me if needed

WWW no, an asprin wont help...  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Re: Read this please....taurine combo helped me
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 12:58am

I'd like to try that on any future episodes, but I don't know if I have a black T shirt, so I guess I'm hosed.  Cheesy

Seriously though, that's fantastique that this is working for you, and I'm not too surprised that it is.

So you're standing barefoot (or socks) on the concrete floor for the body temp lowering thing?

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 7:19am

I'm glad you found a combination that works.  I just hope your wife doesn't throw out that black tee-shirt thinking it's time for a new one  Wink

Something tells me though that even if she does, the Taurine and Oxygen will continue to work.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:07am

I've been using the rock star for the first time this cycle, in combo with my oxygen. I'm still aborting in less then 10 minutes with the oxygen, just curious as to HOW you're using the 02. People have substantially shortened their abort times by changing how they use their 02. Take a moment and read the oxygen info link on the left. You may find you can even further decrease the abort times! Wink

So glad you found something that worked, it's a great feeling isn't it?

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:22am

bejeeber wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 at 12:58am:
So you're standing barefoot (or socks) on the concrete floor for the body temp lowering thing?

Could be that, could be working on a different level. In general, cold triggers the sympathetic nervous system. And there is a more specific reflex that keeps the hands somewhat warmer when awake, the feet relatively warmer when asleep. Applying cold to the feet might trigger a reflex that partially counteracts the disturbances of a cluster - what is the opposite of putting a sleeping person's hand in a bowl of warm water? 

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!