Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Headache Signal (Read 894 times)
jlcalbre
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Richmond, VA
Headache Signal
Feb 7th, 2010 at 10:05pm

During this current cycle, I have noticed a little tremor that seems to signal the beginning and end of my headaches.  It's really the strangest thing.  I might be feeling slight shadows that may or may not become a headache, but then I'll feel the tingle and know for sure it's coming to get me.  In the midst of the worst of the pain, I'll feel it again and know things are going to start to get better and that my headache will be gone in the next 5-10 minutes (which is actually kind of nice to know there is an end in sight). 

I can't recall this sensation in the past but can't say for sure I haven't had it before.  Curious if anyone else has experienced something similar.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2010 at 11:24pm by jlcalbre »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Headache Signal
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 6:29am

It's probably a little different for everyone. My signal is that the left side of my sinuses start to break loose. Then I know the end is in sight.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 8:05am

Other than the preliminary shadows I get, my clusters are like a light switch, "on" and "off".

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 9:32am

jlcalbre wrote on Feb 7th, 2010 at 10:05pm:
but then I'll feel the tingle and know for sure it's coming to get me.  In the midst of the worst of the pain, I'll feel it again and know things are going to start to get better

I can't recall this sensation in the past but can't say for sure I haven't had it before.  Curious if anyone else has experienced something similar.

I remember once posting years ago of a corner-of-the-eye tingling notification happening at that time.  Perhaps a twitching in response, not so tremor-like.  Assumed it was a beginning of the trig nerve arousing, and upon cessation, deactivating.  It was just for a time.  Oncoming signs and worst pain area usually have been temple oriented, switching to an eye-developing pain center occasionally, noticeable since though, just coming from behind the eye moreso.

IP Logged

burnt-toast
CH.com Hall of Famer

economy|USA|PA
Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 10:38pm

When awake they start with a slight burning sensation in my right sinus.  Not much help as far as warnings go.. they ramp up so fast from this point that I really don't get time to respond.

When asleep they're pretty getting into full bloom by the time I get up.

burnt-toast
(Tom)    

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.

IP Logged

Braxxis
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2010 at 3:04pm

jlcalbre wrote on Feb 7th, 2010 at 10:05pm:
During this current cycle, I have noticed a little tremor that seems to signal the beginning and end of my headaches.  It's really the strangest thing.  I might be feeling slight shadows that may or may not become a headache, but then I'll feel the tingle and know for sure it's coming to get me.  In the midst of the worst of the pain, I'll feel it again and know things are going to start to get better and that my headache will be gone in the next 5-10 minutes (which is actually kind of nice to know there is an end in sight). 

I think I may know what you mean. Is it a kind of pins and needles cold "electric" tingling? Kind of what you feel when an appendage is falling asleep? I get those (among other things) during my Pre and Post shadows. (unless it's a really intense CH then it lasts all through the Episode.)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Zigeith?ref=profile  
IP Logged

Sonia-MA
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2010 at 2:39pm

I, too experience a electric-like/tingling sensation...but only at the 'beginning of the end' of an attack.  I know what you mean about the signal that the end is in sight. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!