Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any recent experiences with psilocybin treatment? (Read 1372 times)
Severin
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Any recent experiences with psilocybin treatment?
Feb 4th, 2010 at 6:45pm

Hi there,

I'm new to the site, new to message boards actually. I began a fresh cluster of headaches a couple days ago (while enjoying a tequila at one of my favorite bars, no less). Normally I know when to expect an attack (every 10 to 12 months) and avoid alcohol in the weeks or months of an impending cycle, but this one appeared out of the blue--only 6 months after my last headache.

So I went online and found a recent Newsweek article about the use of psilocybin and LSD in the treatment of CHs. I'm wondering if anyone here has recently tried psilocybin in particular, and if so what your experiences have been. I noticed that the most recent postings on this subject are from 2002, which leads me to think that it must be so effective that there's not a whole lot to discuss anymore. That or it's taboo? Any insights would be greatly appreciated -- especially regarding psilocybin. I tried mushrooms a few times in college and never had a bad time; I can't say the same about LSD...

A little about me: I'm male, 34 years old, 6ft tall/180lb. I've been having attacks since I was fourteen, but for various reasons (misdiagnoses, lack of insurance, etc.) I wasn't fully diagnosed and treated by a neurologist until I was 30. We've hit on a pretty effective (however tedious) regimen of Cortisone, Verapamil, and Topamax, with Imitrex as an abortive. (Not surprisingly, he hasn't mentioned mushrooms or LSD.)

A typical pattern for me goes something like: two-to-three-hour headaches, staggered by one day, then two days, then one day, etc., for a period of three months or so. The clusters are usually separated by ten to twelve months (but this can vary; as I mentioned above, my preset cluster is about six months early.)

Thank you in advance for any insights/stories; you can also contact me by email at sleepinthebelfry@yahoo.com. Of course, I'm happy to answer any questions, if I've raised them.

Take care,

Severin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register hypnosis.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Re: Any recent experiences with psilocybin treatment?
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2010 at 7:13pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Check them out....lots to learn, and lots to discover...

Wink

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Severin
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2010 at 9:02pm

Thanks for the tip Red, lots of recent info.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 5:46am

I would go with the LSA route first unless you like tripping.  If you like tripping, then LSD and psilocybin is the way to go.  LSA (morning glory seeds, HBWR seeds, Rivea Corymbosa seeds) you will read about at Clusterbusters as well and it's legal to buy, just not legal to consume.  I've been doing it for 1.5 years any cycles are shorter, I eliminated one cycle all together last year and the intensity of each HA is easier to deal with.  All this goodness with NO tripping affects.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

koctail
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 6:33pm

chad, do you have any trip at all? what do u feel after you take the rc seeds. im very tempted to give it a try.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 6:39pm

These questions are best posited over here:

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 3:10pm

Also, you usually have to get completely off of the other meds before you even have a chance of the other methods working.

good luck,
Christine

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 6:50pm

koctail wrote on Feb 5th, 2010 at 6:33pm:
chad, do you have any trip at all? what do u feel after you take the rc seeds. im very tempted to give it a try.

No trip at all using seeds.  Follow what others said on here.  Detox from all drugs, use O2 to abort any other CH and read Clusterbusters to its entirety. 

Best of luck and feel free to ask as many questions possible.

Cheers,
Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 9:39pm

Definitely check out clusterbusters.com

With their psilocybe techniques I have avoided 2 cycles in 2009 and just aborted a cycle in the last several weeks.  More detailed info on that website, but people over here should know it exists.

Many precautions and details for effective use, just like any medicine.

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!