Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Daytime clusters (Read 3226 times)
NancyB
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Re: Daytime clusters
Reply #25 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 3:51pm

I thought it did. Was getting a real humdinger. I was  trying to think what I was going to try next since the O2 was not working- even after the second time I tried. Then I thought what the heck. Didn't even get that weird feeling I used to get with trex where it felt like part of my brain was missing. I'm going to try it again the next time I get a bad one and let you know.

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #26 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 9:53pm

Being a daytimer myself, I believe in the judicious use of caffeine.  Doesn't work for everyone and some people say it is their trigger.  I was on my way to a meeting the other morning and was just getting a light pressure in the usual spot.  Stopped into a convenience store for a coke, had a cup of coffee in the waiting area and went into the meeting and no one knew a thing (except I talked a lot).

If I absolutely couldn't get a CH for an hour or 2 I would pop a nodoz(caffeine pill) and that would cover me.  I know some people can't do caffeine, but lots of us can.

Also treating with 'alternative treatments' (clusterbusters.com) having very good results.  Pretty much negated this cycle.

There is life with our clusters.  Hang in there!

--Shaggy

IP Logged

NancyB
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Feb 7th, 2010 at 1:20pm

Had another one last night just before bed took the maxalt again- same results. Also slept through the night for the first time in nearlt a month. That might be the benadryl though. I have found that with 2 of those I can sleep through just about anything.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #28 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 1:09pm

Ya'll might try starting melatonin at night before bedtime. I've been doing it for years and I sleep thru the night. It gets me the rest I need to fight the day hits.

And ya might try keeping a Red Bull (or another energy drink) handy for the first sign of  a hit. It will sometimes abort a hit in its tracks.

Of course O2 is my mainstay for aborts. I keep Red Bull handy for those "stubborn" hits, but usually the O2 does the trick. (I use the demand valve and it's great).

Hugs BD Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!