Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lisuride (Read 2761 times)
cluster
CH.com Old Timer

WaterX3 - It helps!

Cologne(Europe)
Lisuride
Jan 31st, 2010 at 3:07pm

Has anybody had (or ever heard about) experience with Lisuride (sold as Dopergin, Proclacam, Revanil) for cluster headaches?

Please see here for more details:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

pf wishes,
Friedrich

Cluster Headache News: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - German CH Site
IP Logged

sch
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
Re: Lisuride
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 8:04pm

I've not heard of it but the read about it sounds interesting. Check over at clusterbusters.com too; they may have some members who can help too.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 9:07am

Search on PubMed  produced one hit, dated 1983 before this one, dated 2005, seeking a link between this med and CH.

Great majority of abstracts are focused at the hypothetical/rat testing stage.

Which says: no one has found a useful link between CH and lisuride.

But then I can recall when Verapamil was first suggested, just another of a series of trials, at that time. And now look at its standing with us!

You just never know where something will go....

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

cluster
CH.com Old Timer

WaterX3 - It helps!

Cologne(Europe)
Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2010 at 7:02am

Hello Bob,

thanks for checking.^Here is some more (and newer) information about lisuride:

Abstract:

Free full text here:

The article printed 1983 is the same as the one "published online 2005"
Raffaelli E, Martins OJ, dos Santos P Dăgua Filho A (May 1983). "Lisuride in cluster headache". Headache 23 (3): 117–21.

Lisuride is still available in the pharmacies in Germany and in some other countries.

Cluster Headache News: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - German CH Site
IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 11:11am

Anybody have access to this full article through "Headache-Journal of Head and face pain"?  I was going to pay for 24 hour access to it, but don't really want to shell out the $35 they want.....

IP Logged

BlueDevil
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Australia
Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 7:12pm

Clusterbusters discussion:

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:51am

doper-gin kinda has a ring to it, doesn't it.  I'll have mine with an olive.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!