Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
episodes? (Read 925 times)
anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
episodes?
Jan 29th, 2010 at 3:43pm

hey all
I think i am coming close to the end of a cycle i have been pretty much pain free for 4 days but today was hit with a small "episode" and some shadowing took care of it with o2 just a bit concerned and nervous since im a "newbie" is this a common "trait" of the beast! thanks guys!

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: episodes?
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 5:27pm

at least, congratulations on being pain-free (PF) for a small duration of time.  i'm sure there are many on this board who are envious of you.  every person has their own individual traits when it comes to their cycle.  hopefully you continue your preventative meds for a week or so after your last hit (CH) and then decide to wean down or not.  there are plenty of archives of info here on this board that will answer most of your questions.  good luck and PF wishes to you

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 5:51pm

Quote:
just a bit concerned and nervous since im a "newbie"

You know, once you hit 100 posts, this doesn't fly as an excuse anymore.

I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'. Wink

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 6:14pm

gotcha brew thanx

IP Logged

saxman
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

portland or
Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 1:25am

how long was your cycle? myself I never even get shadows when cycle ends. they just end. I'm a believer in convincing myself their gone helps make them be gone.

glad to hear your through it! mine just ended 2 weeks ago too. whoopie!!!

I plan to stay active on the site while in remission. maybe I can help some other clusterhead and I have so much to learn.

I think a cure is around the corner!!

IP Logged

Fox
CH.com Junior

We all need somebody to
lean on.

White Plains, NY, USA
Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:52am

Anthony,

I hope your remission holds, but stay "on guard".  It used to be that a few days PF had me smiling, expecting full remission.  That confidence has faded, as in this current cluster cycle I had 5 days PF, then attacks returned.  This cycle also started unexpectedly, some 18 months ahead of 'schedule'.

Hope for the best, stay prepared for the Beast.  Traits are useful to track, but not reliable from one person to the next, and my own traits have now betrayed me.

Having had another string of PFDANs, I'm in the same boat again... hopeful, but wary.

Hope your remission lasts long.

Fox

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 10:09am

thanks for that fox! thats exactly what im doing! staying prepared! that what my new neuro said! he said "we all are different" like i sadi before this is my second cycle in my life 11 yrs apart so np predicting!! just because i have been pf i still feel that "feeling" that we all are too familiar with im sure!! so "on guard I am my friend! thanks for the post bro!!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 5:23pm

Hopefully you're like me cuz this is how mine end. The hits get farther apart, and much milder, then they're gone! Crossing my fingers the butthead is on his way outta your life again! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!