Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
body temp ? (Read 5380 times)
monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Re: body temp ?
Reply #25 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 12:43pm

krojo wrote on Feb 12th, 2010 at 1:18pm:
Haha. That is so true. My neurologist says that if the supplements put you in the bathroom, that means your body isn't really absorbing.

He gave me a direct shot into my vein which did not send me to the bathroom. Unfortunately it also did not stop my episode as he says it does in 40% of CH patients.

Then again, I never have these "cold hands" and don't know if I am in fact magnesium deficient.

Was the shot a quick hit with the needle?  That is likely to be only slightly more effective than a magnesium tablet (unless you have celiac disease or something that messes up your gut). The gold standard is a prolonged intravenous drip, combined with monitoring blood and urine levels of magnesium.

When people have been in a chronic state of low magnesium, taking more magnesium initially results in stable blood levels but little increased excretion via the kidneys ... it goes into muscles and nerves and bones. If blood magnesium is low, you are really in trouble. To prevent this, we evolved with multiple mechanisms to pull magnesium out of other tissues and into the blood ... handy, but it often creates the impression that everything is fine with respect to magnesium when it is not.

The gut has a limited ability to absorb magnesium - so your doc is partially right. If you get loose stools, it means you are taking more than can be absorbed. But taking magnesium right up to bowel tolerance and then backing down a little is the best way the average person can be sure that they are correcting a magnesium deficiency.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

PhareCamp
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Citrus Heights, California
Reply #26 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 2:47am

have low blood pressure and tend to be cold all the time but in the throes of CH I shiver, sometimes so bad i take my temp and every time its a normal 98 point something Fahrenheit.

WWW http://www.myspace.com/pharecamp http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/patricia.phare  
IP Logged

SET•ME•FREE
CH.com Newbie

We Live By Our Rules,
or Die By Theirs

Hermosa Beach, CA
Reply #27 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 12:18pm

BLOOD PRESSURE! 

During an attack we all go into panic mode, and thus so does our bodies.  Our blood pressure shoots through the roof. 

During an attack i slowly start peeling the clothing off until im down to my shorties! Then as the headaches tapper off i slowly start to shake and shiver until its gone. 

I think its the shock the body goes into.  Maybe the heart is trying to shoot blood up to the head to combat the pain.  I dunno.  But this always happens to me.  It sucks.

If anyone can here me. 
Set Me Free
Set Us All Free
http://www.facebook.com/cpetrini  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!