Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question (Read 706 times)
Jbrigham77
CH.com Junior

I'm Me, nothing more,
nothing less.

Poquoson, VA
question
Jan 24th, 2010 at 9:29am

I am currently on a Lupron injection to stop endometriosis and now all of a sudden am in a horrible cluster cycle.  It's only been a few days and while I normally start a cycle with one headache a night I went from one a night to 6 last night.  The Dr's don't know what the Lupron will do with my ch as there is nothing out there on it. 
I am just trying to find any information I can on it.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Re: question
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 11:08am

I googled Lupron and one of the side effects is headaches.  That being said, I'm probably going to figure that is referring to migraines, since Lupron causes some pretty big hormonal shifts.  It still could affect your headaches because it screws with the body so bad.

Are there any other medications that you've tried for endo (pm me if you want, went through all this with my daughter for 6 years).

Carolyn~aka~deltadarlin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 2:56pm

I did lupron for 7 months for endo back in 2000.  It triggered my migraines like crazy and made my ch much more severe.  Didn't increase the frequency just made them all kip10's.  I had a hysterectomy and my migraines all but went away.  HMmm.  Must have been hormonally triggered big time.  Unfortunatly my ch remained 8x/day year round.  But lowered in intensity.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Jbrigham77
CH.com Junior

I'm Me, nothing more,
nothing less.

Poquoson, VA
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 8:36pm

Karla-
  Yrs ago I found out my migraines are w/out medication daily- not horrible like CH but can be bad.  my ch cycles are normally every 1 yr and half but after my 4th surgery in 2008 I went into a cycle and then 9 months later had another one but nothing since.  Except the occasional migraine until dec when I got the injection.  I have gotten about 10 migraines but knew that was a possibility as my dr and i discussed it at length.   But after last night I will never agree to take this shot again.  I have had a shadow ha all day long and have a feeling that tonight will be just as bad.  I am just totally at a loss as I have never had a cycle jump from 1 a night to 6 the next in the almost 12 yrs I have had them.
Probably doesn't help either that my gall bladder is now bad and has to come out soon as well.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 2:32am

Jbrigham77 wrote on Jan 24th, 2010 at 8:36pm:
I will never agree to take this shot again.

Can't blame you for that!!!  Shocked

What with your gall bladder issues and all I hope you get into a really good diet and healing herbs etc. (if you're not already) because IMO that approach is likely to do much more for your chronic conditions than the pesky MDs with their pesky drugs are.

I know it has helped me and many others with certain types of chronic health issues. Hasn't done much for my CH though!  Sad
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2010 at 2:33am by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!