Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
barametric pressure (Read 1942 times)
anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
barametric pressure
Jan 22nd, 2010 at 1:48pm

hey guys
i am in florida and i am in cycle about amonth and a half and i feel like with the change of weather when it gets a bit more moist after a rain since winter it is a bit drier here than normal that i have more uncomfortable days and a bit more times on the o2! any input as to this being a factor i also have had a history of sinus headaches all my life and any humidity gave me headaches im thinking that when in cycle the "beast"kicks in along with the sinus stuff?
thanks guys
anthony

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: barametric pressure
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 8:11am

I'm had this theory for years... When the barometer goes up so do my hits... Can't prove it, but a lot of others here have noticed the same thing. I think the beast thrives on the barometer....

I live in East Texas where if you don't like the weather - wait five minutes!

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 10:36am

I'm lucky, it doesn't appear to be a trigger for me...(although truth be known here in San Diego the weather rarely changes!!!!!!)....but have seen a lot of people post they can predict the weather based on their noggin!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 11:09am

I have no cartlege in my knees and every time it rains or snows I can feel it in my head and knees.  I can predict the weather just by the change in the bariometric pressure.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 3:19pm

I certainly notice changes in my head with barometric changes, but not a trigger for clusters for me.  However, a very moist environment that promotes mold, FLORIDA, will do it in a heartbeat for me.  I love Florida, but I always dread the mold, especially in the air conditioning systems.

Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn.  -C. S. Lewis

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 4:31pm

I have a horrible time with it myself!

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

keeper5689
CH.com Newbie

Re: barometric pressure
Reply #6 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 11:45pm

I definitely have a problem with barometric pressure and CH's. Whenever the barometric pressure drops, my headaches skyrocket.

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." --Confucius

IP Logged

Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Re: barometric pressure
Reply #7 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 1:09am

keeper5689 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2010 at 11:45pm:
I definitely have a problem with barometric pressure and CH's. Whenever the barometric pressure drops, my headaches skyrocket.

Then, I assume you must be chronic?

Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn.  -C. S. Lewis

IP Logged

wip5150
CH.com Veteran

I have tired head

Naperville, IL
Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 8:56am

When I'm in cycle, I do feel heavier shadows when there is fluctuation in the barometric pressure.  When I'm out of cycle, no impact at all.

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?  I have, and man it hurts.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1 wip5150  
IP Logged

NancyB
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 9:04am

When my son was 7 I brought him to a Neuro for migraines thinking he was surely to young to go through all this pain. He confirmed that pressure was a trigger for a lot of people with migraine. Seems as it would transfer over to clusters. We always know when a big storm is coming because he has a bad one and needs to sleep for a couple of hours.

IP Logged

haubels
CH.com Newbie

Learning to live with
CH

|USA|Ca |LA|210|CA,California
Reply #10 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 5:20am

I'm chronic for the past 4 years but suffered for 15. When the pressure drops my CH's go crazy.

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:16am

Never paid attention to the actual barometric pressure, but drastic changes in the weather always make a cycle worse.

john

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #12 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 8:18am

There also is a theory that barometric pressure and the relationship / proximity to the equator combined have an influence on CH, meaning the closer one is to the equator, the less severely afflicted on is by CH, for seasonality becomes less relevant and barometric pressure more consistent throughout the year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!