Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VERY abrupt end to my cycle...or so it would seem (Read 567 times)
wip5150
CH.com Veteran

I have tired head

Naperville, IL
VERY abrupt end to my cycle...or so it would seem
Jan 19th, 2010 at 10:54am

At the risk of jinxing it, my cycle appears to have just vanished (quite literally) overnight. 

Here is what happened:

Monday 1/11 - woke up with K6 for about 80 minutes
Tuesday 1/12 - flew to Las Vegas for work (no headache).  Woke up with a K3 for about 30 minutes
Wednesday 1/13 - had a K5 in the middle of the day for about 40 minutes and woke up with another K5 after going to sleep for the night.

Since then.....nothing...nada.....zilch.  I haven't changed my meds or anything else.  The ONLY thing that I can think of is the over-oxygenated environment at the Mandalay Bay might have had something to do with it.  Even so, I've been back home since Friday night so I don't think it would have any lingering effects. 

In my 20+ years battling the Beast, this has never happened.  It's always start slow.....ramp up to peak......slow descent back to normality....all over the course of about 6-8 weeks.  Don't get me wrong, I'm quite thankful for the abrupt end to this cycle, it just struck me as odd.  Anyone else ever experience this type of thing?

PF wishes to all.

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?  I have, and man it hurts.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1 wip5150  
IP Logged

Fox
CH.com Junior

We all need somebody to
lean on.

White Plains, NY, USA
Re: VERY abrupt end to my cycle...or so it would seem
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:36pm

Hello Wip,

Your recent post is just like mine... Cycle changed, then seemed to end abruptly.  Let's hope you are right (no jinx).

2 weeks ago I had daily attacks, climbing the KIP scale each day.  Then it stopped last week, granted me 5 PFDANs in a row, and I posted a message just like yours.  But alas, the Beast struck with vengeance 3 times that very night.  Last night just 1 attack, to prove he's still around.

A few members responded they too have seen unpredicatble cycle changes, so we need to be ready for the unexpected.  After 15+ years of very regular cycles, (I could pretty much book them in my calendar), they changed just after turning 50.

I really hope your PFDANs continue, but be wary of unpredictability.  (It seems to be catching.  Are we in some sort of sunspot cycle?   Wink )

Best of luck,
Fox

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!