Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shadow Play (Read 926 times)
sch
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Austin, TX
Shadow Play
Jan 17th, 2010 at 8:14pm

I am relatively new to the msg brd but have read many posts/relies over the last few months. I've posted and commented a few times also. All the info i've garnered from the brd has really been helpful.

My reason for starting a new thread concerns shadow haches. I went thru a 6 wk cycle of 2-3 k9 hits per night. Midway thru that period and a few visits to to the dr he put me on verapamil, prednisone tapered, elavil, and triptans for the acute haches and O2. After a few weeks on those meds and using the O2 the nightly haches stopped.

I've been off all meds for 2 wks and relatively pf. But i've had i guess you could call it a shadow hache ever since. Not bad, i wouldn't even call it a k1 but if someone were to ask does your head hurt or not i would have to say yes but barely. The best way i can describe it is that the right side of my head feels different than the left. And over my right eye also. It sort of just feels like the right side of my head is outlined or somewhat different.

I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on whether you guys have experienced anything similar and what did you did about it if anything. 

Thx in advance,
Scott

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Shadow Play
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 8:37am

I experienced something very similar at the end of my cycle last year. Once I stopped taking the big hits I experienced constant shadows and I mean 24/7 pain for weeks. Although these shadows are nowhere near as painful they can still begin to impact on your quality of life.

Although I wouldn't recommend this course of action without your doctors advice, I took another very small taper of prednisone that I had on my possession and this finished of my cycle.

Lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Dharma
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Richmond, VA
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:07am

I too, have noticed this since I started to cycle this time. For the last 2 days the left side of my head has just felt "different" and I have these twinges that shoot out from my left temporal area. Shadow is a good word for it. I feel like a headache is trying to break through but can't (which is ok with me, really).

It isn't horrible but I wouldn't call it PF either. In fact when I went to my GP yesterday to get the steroid injection and the imitrex injection he offered me the imitrex in the office but I didn't really feel it was severe enough to take it. More annoying then anything else.

This is the first time I have experienced this and I am wondering if it isn't a result of the verapamil that I am on and it is just controlling what would otherwise be a full blown attack. I have noticed that my attacks are not as rhythmic this time around, this is the first time that I have been on verapamil during a cycle.  My neurologist who I saw this morning says that is the verapamil trying to control them.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:46am

Several of us were bitching about shadows at the meet and greet. One person said he gets almost total relief by chasing 3 excederin migrain with a Red Bull. I haven't tried that yet as I'm still in full cycle but will give it a shot when I start to wind down as I too get those damned long term shadows towards the end.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 12:35pm

The right side of my head almost always feels different than my left, even when out of cycle.  I shadow a lot out of cycle too.  Sometimes the Excedrine will help.

Joe, I hope your cycle comes to an end very soon.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:04pm

4 Way nasal spray.   Wink

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:19pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:04pm:
4 Way nasal spray.   Wink

Yup.... That helps too!

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!