Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen...Don't leave home without it! (Read 904 times)
cherylc
CH.com Junior

x1|Simcoe|Ontario, Canada
Oxygen...Don't leave home without it!
Nov 18th, 2009 at 4:27pm

Hi.  I just wanted to share with you on how my day went...

I am 3 weeks into a cycle and when I woke this morning I realized that I have gone 48 hours without a hit!  Yeah!  This must be IT!!  I made it through again...my two youngest daughters (5 and 9) came crawling into bed with me and we talked and cuddled.  I felt well enough to drive them to school.  So we are heading out of the house later and I get in the car and think...oops I forgot my O2 tank, but I won't need it because I won't be long (is anyone sensing the irony here?) So I get to the school and end up chatting with the principal and then helping with the snack program and then I feel it...my body temperature rises, the tension in my neck and my vision starts to dull...ahh!  I get out of there quickly and head home.  It's only 7 minutes away, I can make it.  I turn on the air conditioner full blast (it's been know to help me) and drive, only focusing on the road in front of me.  I make it home.  I stumble into the house, starting to strip off my shoes, socks, I am sweating and shaking and run to the bathroom.  I throw up, holding my head so it won't explode.  I run cold water and clean up, wait I have to throw up again.   The pain is so bad I don't think I can get up.  I stagger to the fridge and get an ice pack and head to the bedroom for my Oxygen.  I open the windows because I am so hot.  It takes 20 min. at 15LPM to take the edge off.  I stop and think I can wait 10 minutes before trying it again (I read that somewhere).  Okay I made it 4 minutes...I breathe in the O2,  and 15 minutes later the stabbing pain has settled down.  But my whole system has been shaken...I look around for the big truck that just run me over, I feel bruised and sore and so tired.  I fall asleep thinking, okay so now I remember what a Kip10 was like...

Later that day, I am sitting looking at a magazine, I still really don't feel well enough to do anything, I feel nauseous, and my eye hurts and won't stop twitching.  I feel it again...that pinch in my neck and eye, I calmly walk to the fridge, and grab my ice pack.  I "assume the position"  with my ice pack and O2 mask and look at the clock...one minute and the pain has increased a bit...two minutes and it is a bit more intense...three minutes and wait...it's gone!?!?!  Yeah!  I continue to inhale the oxygen and think about the difference that wonderful tank has made in my life.  Ten minutes have passed, I get up and have a shower and get ready to greet my girls as they get off the bus!  I still have a very dull ache in my head, but I can function.

So I guess my point is TRY OXYGEN...IT CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE !!  and thank you to this website for giving me the tools and information so that I could get Oxygen prescribed 5 years ago!! Kiss
CC

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Re: Oxygen...Don't leave home without it!
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 12:05pm

I agree about not leaving it home - I've learned my lesson on that at least 10 times  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 10:03am

Whoa Marc....10 times!!!

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 11:55am

Yes, over the years I've done it a few times, but......

I was really just making a joke about "learning my lesson- 10 times" - guess the joke didn't work.

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 3:33pm

Embarrassed   oh

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!