Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
blurred vision! (Read 1413 times)
Lawmandave
CH.com Junior

If you want peace, prepare
for war!!!

Johnstown, Pa
blurred vision!
Nov 18th, 2009 at 11:09am

Ive been an eposidic sufferer but this year been fightin a bout since july!  nuero has me on verapamil 02 and injection and on nov 6 started me on topamax!  2 nights ago my vision became extemely blurry!  i contacted my nuero who sent me to an eye doc!  i was given a full exam there and advised it wasnt an eye problem and nuero says not a med problem either!  family doc did full exam and cant find a problem either!  i am taking myself off of topamax myself because have read it can cause vision problems!  does anyone have any input?

Lawmandave  
IP Logged

Martin
CH.com Veteran

Ready for anything this
world can dish!

Ottawa, Ontario
Re: blurred vision!
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:26pm

Good luck.  Hope they stop sometime soon, and you can see normal again.

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:40pm

My brain is still trying to chew on your Neuro saying that it can't be a issue with the topomax, when it's known to have this side effect in some people.

What dosage are you on, and for how long have you taken it?  You really should wean off dopymax.  Depending how long and how high the dosage, suddenly stopping it has caused siezures in some people.  Not a risk I would want to take.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Lawmandave
CH.com Junior

for war!!!

Johnstown, Pa
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:52pm

My point exactly!  i have been on it since nov 6th and currently taking 3 25mg tabs 2x a day! once in the morning and once at night!  well that is to say until the vision thing started!  i have already started tapering myself off it!

Lawmandave  
IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 10:00pm

Its amazing to me that these doctors are allowed to practice medicine!!!!!!What an idiot!!

How many stories are posted on this site about idiot doctors?  I can almost understand a doctor not knowing much about CH, considering they are a rare problem.  But for Gods sake,  at least admit that you dont know much about it and recommend you to someone who does.  Dont pretend to know what you are doing, and mess with someones life and health.

Do greedy bastards really need your measly copay or office visit charge enough to possibly harm you that much??

(sorry,  does that sound bitter?  can you tell I have a slight problem with doctors?  It also doesnt help that I work for one, and he is the biggest greedy thief I ever knew)

Sorry for ranting,
Christine
Embarrassed

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 10:29pm

chrisw wrote on Nov 18th, 2009 at 10:00pm:
I
How many stories are posted on this site about idiot doctors? 

Last time I counted it was exactly 3.79 bazillion.

You and I certainly are on the same ranting page regarding MD bozos and their ignorant, harmful ways. Ahhhh, my favorite rant. Cheesy

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 12:50am

Lawmandave wrote on Nov 18th, 2009 at 11:09am:
i contacted my nuero who sent me to an eye doc!  

Send your Doc here:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Tell him the side trip won't cost as much as your's did.

Then if he clicks on side effects, he'll see the word Diplopia

The incidences of Diplopia would probably be even higher if the people on Topamax could remember all the side effects they had while on it.  Sad

Bob
I'd send him a copy of the bill from the eye doc.

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 9:23am

Pinkfloyd wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 at 12:50am:
The incidences of Diplopia would probably be even higher if the people on Topamax could remember all the side effects they had while on it.  Sad

Bob

I started to laugh, then realized that it really isn't funny when you think of the ramifications........

I spent all of 10 days on it, many years ago. Didn't like it one bit, but I was desperate - still had to quit taking it.

Marc

IP Logged

Lawmandave
CH.com Junior

for war!!!

Johnstown, Pa
Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 11:56am

Thank you all so much for the comments and more importantly the info i was really terrified and getting no answers!   im really happy to report that im weaning myself off of topamax and my vision has returned almost 100% already but unfortunately so did the beast!  id much rather see and deal with the monster!  i got to say it! test after test doctor after doctor nuero after nuero toss in a er visit got me noooo where but the folks at CH.COM came thru!  thanks again!

Lawmandave  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!