Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cheap Demand Valve? (Read 1043 times)
bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Cheap Demand Valve?
Nov 17th, 2009 at 1:44pm

Could someone who knows please check this out:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Sorry, you'll have to copy/paste the address. It's an oxygen demand valve, 2 of them actually, at $100.00 per. Seems too good to be true (and you know what they say about things like that).

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Re: Cheap Demand Valve?
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 1:46pm

I just tried it; you DON'T have to copy/paste.

-Blake

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 9:19am

Dunno, Ron. I can't see the fitting on the bottom, so I don't know what else you will need to buy. The fitting on the right is a standard CGA-540 male thread which is the standard for large M and H medical O2 tanks.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 3:37pm

Thanks Marc. Maybe if I knew a little bit more about this sort of thing. I'd hate to buy one and find that I needed to spend another $100.00 to make it work. Think I'll pass for now.

-Blake

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 3:57pm

The link I sent you for the welding regulator for $30. is ready to rock, as-is. Remember it will fit all welding tanks and medical tanks in "M" and "H" sizes.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

There is a $15.00 adapter available that will let you use in on all small medical tanks also. Looks like this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You can adjust the flow to any amount. Just open the valve S L O W L Y until you get a feel for it.

The advantage is that he could never "outrun" this regulator regardless of how much O2 flow he needs to kill an attack.

Marc

Edit to correct the price down to $30.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2009 at 7:26pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 7:11pm

Hi Marc. I want to thank you for all your help and for the incredible amount of really valuable information you've sent us on oxygen therapy. I'm going to hold off for now on buying any more than just a good mask because - knock on wood - Michael (and I really want to whisper here) hasn't had, I don't think, any really awful hits since we started using the seeds; maybe since LSD, but I'm not so sure about that. I don't want to ask him, and he hasn't talked about it much, and he has been bed-ridden with headaches a lot; but the really nasty, scary hits where he cries and wants to kill himself and begs to go to the emergency room even though it's an hour drive away and they really can't help anyway; I can't remember him having any of those for more than a month. My rememberer doesn't work too well anymore and I'm hesitant to ask Michael; but, Wow! Amazing, huh? So, I think I'll just not rock the boat for now and hold the biggest oxygen guns in reserve, so to speak, which are now available to us thanks to you!

-Blake

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!