Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Methysergide. Sansert vs Deseril (Read 3251 times)
Grumpy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Methysergide. Sansert vs Deseril
Nov 11th, 2009 at 7:50pm

Has anyone here suffered from these long enough to even remember a drug called sansert? It was discontinued in the USA some years ago because it wasn't profitable.An equivalant called Deseril is made in the UK and availabe in Canada. The sansert was very effective for me and would end a cycle for me within days. Has anyone here used Deseril and if so could you give some input on how effective it was.

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Re: Methysergide. Sansert vs Deseril
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:06pm

Grumpy I have heard you can still get Sansert through a compounding pharmacist here in the U.S. They just have to mix it up or something. Just wont have the brand name.

Sansert® (methysergide maleate) is a partially synthetic compound structurally related to lysergic acid the natural and most active ingredient in RC seeds.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I used sansert many years back maybe in the early 80s. I remember thinking it may have helped me a smidgeon but not enough to warrant continued use.

The RC seeds LSA (lysergic acid amides) are close in chemical structure to the synthetic Sansert, far less side effects and very inexpensive as well as available. I have had tremendous success with the seeds.
It may be an option if so inclined.

MJ

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 7:42am

Which leads one to wonder if long term use of seeds has the same bad side effects as sansert?
Guess that's a chance we take when using alternate medications.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:36pm

Your right Bob. Thanks for that.
There are some answers that are not enrirely known.

A difference may be in the fact that meds such as Sansert are used daily while the seeds are used far less frequently.

Thats not saying there wont be bad side effects with long term use. Seems the possibility for normal serotonin et al; alterations are there.

So much of our actions and reactions depend on these normalities.  Anyone who uses these substances needs to pay close attention to their bodies and minds, Actions and reactions, just as they would with any other medications.

MJ

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:57pm

If it was the case... then maybe only without medical overuse side effects would be ONS or some nerve stimulation or surgery... but I believe the doses we need of hallucinogens wouldnt hurt much, there is many people using such substances recreationaly as often as we do, and some do not get bad side effects at all.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:23pm

Consider the fact that the LSA found in RC seeds is a naturally occurring molecule, and the methysergide maleate molecule is synthesized in a lab.

The troublesome side effect of Sansert is that, used over time, it can cause fibrosis of the kidneys, lungs, and heart valves. I know of no such side effect with naturally occurring hallucinogens.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:02am

I'm not adequately equipped to argue this one either way. I would suspect that virtually any substance could have negative effects over time. You pay your money to pick your poison.

Sometimes it's simply choosing the lesser of evils.

Marc

IP Logged

MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 3:55pm

Sansert is still being prescibed here in Canada.  Maximum 6 months on before a rest required to minimize long term effects.

Gave me the worst-most-horrific nightmares I have ever experienced.... even if it stopped the CH (which it did not) i would not take it ever again......too scary for me.

P

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 4:29pm

Speaking for myself, not for my son, I was prescribed Sansert some years ago for pain. I too got the nightmares - in the daytime! Bad stuff!

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 4:35pm

It's not bad stuff. It can be prescribed and used badly. There's a difference.

It has worked like a charm for me. But I need to step away from it, at least for awhile.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Grumpy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 11:13pm

For me the sansert was a godsend. It stopped my CH cycle within four days on two occasions and I was never on the drug for more than three weeks at a time with long periods of remission in between so the side effect  of long term use were not a factor for me. I want to know if anyone here has used The Deseril equivalent. Its made in the UK and available through Canadian pharmacies and as long as someone has suggested it please explain these seeds in more detail and where one can obtain these seeds. Right about now I'll try anything. With this cycle I'm having the best results with high doses of Indocin and Topamax. I'm an R.N. and believe me the side effects from those drugs are far scarier to me than a short course of methysergide.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 11:38pm

Explanation of seeds: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Procurement of seeds: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2009 at 11:40pm by Brew »  

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 1:14am

Isn't it amazing how widely we differ in our responses to medications that have an effect on our psychology?

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

boybath
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|bath|United_Kingdom|europe|
Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 4:51am

I used Methyser...whatsitsname years ago and ended up a jibbering mess.  Saw rashes crawling across my face and had spears of light going through my body.  Its a copy of ergot fungus isnt it as in Salem and St anthony's fire Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

THANKYOU FOR WHAT I AM ABOUT TO RECEIVE .....
HAPPYSURFERUK  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!