Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nov 10th 1775, 234 years (Read 2046 times)
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Nov 10th 1775, 234 years
Nov 10th, 2009 at 9:19am

USMC started in Tunn Tavern Philidelphia. Started in a bar. No wonder we look so good after a fight  Wink
Semper Fi
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: Nov 10th 1775, 234 years
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 9:22am

Happy Birthday to the United States Marines!

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 5:54pm

Waiting in line at a grocery store yesterday, a girl two registers over had a t-shirt on with "Marines 1775".  I see now it was not just a random selection from the drawer she chose. 

Thanks, Kirk.

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:07pm

What a day today was.  My son who is in the USMC came home last night after a night celebrating at the Marine Corps ball only to be contacted by the Red Cross and told his great grandmother had died. I am so thankfull that his command responded the way that they did and gave him a week off.  American gave him a great Military discount on his airfare which was better by far then the berevment fare.  He was not charged for any of his bags either.  Today was my parents 47th anniversarry and we celebreated the life of my grandmother who passed away in her sleep.  I have lost a second mother, a spiritual mentor, a friend.  But she is finally where she has wanted to be for a long time now.  She was 93.  My son attended the funeral in his dress blues uniform.  He looked so sharp.  Everyone kept asking whos son he was.  I was so proud.  They thanked him for his service as he held the door for people to enter the funeral home.  He has told me he is going to reup his enlistment contract and be stationed at the Pentegon in a year or so.  Wow who would have thought my little boy would grow up to be going places, seeing things and impacting peoples lives like he does every day.   God Bless Our Marines!

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:19pm

Good for you and good for your Son Karla. He's an example of what I see all the time....that kids in our military do us proud in just about everything.

Wow. 234 years. It's hard to believe. Too bad cable news here didn't acknowledge this event.  Angry

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:26pm

Thank you to all Marines past and present.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:59pm

Charlie wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:19pm:
Wow. 234 years. It's hard to believe. Too bad cable news here didn't acknowledge this event.  Angry

Charlie

yeah whats up with that

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 12:28am

Thanks Kirk, Roger (Medic1), and the rest of you.  Sempre Fi from one of the few, the prouder, a Marine Dad!

BTW, today was also my youngest son and second Marine's 21st birthday.  He picked a great day to be born!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 6:28am

I went past the site twice when in Philedelphia. Once with Lizzie and Richard and once with Carrie. It was one of the places that really stood out for me. I'm so grateful to all our armed services, I've worked with them, I can't ever praise them enough.

Today is remembrance day anyway. Thank you to all who have served, all who are serving and all who are stepping up every day. It takes a very special person to serve, to put their life on the line for others. In all walks of life I am grateful for others service but none more so than people who would lay down their life for my freedom to live mine.

God bless them all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!