Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Few pics (Read 743 times)
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Few pics
Nov 6th, 2009 at 10:55pm

Finally got out to take some pictures of the flooding (and other things).  Bayou Darbonne feeds into Lake Darbonne.  ALL THESE PICTURES ARE TAKEN A WEEK AFTER THE LAST RAINS!

*Lake* side of Lake Darbonne

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Spillway between Lake Darbonne and Bayou Darbonne

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bayou Darbonne

Note the log being flipped.  I could hear the *boom* of the water and the logs when it hit the spillway.  There were ducks of some kind all out around the spillway!

This is Garland Gin Road, about 3 miles up from my house.

These were taken today as I crossed Felsenthal Refuge in AR.  The flooding is caused by the Ouachita River and it's still rising!

Road into what used to be a campground/trailer park

This road *used* to go down beside the Ouachita (took the picture there that sold at the 2008 Dallas convention)

Road that goes back into the Wildlife Refuge  (all hunting is suspended in most of the refuges around here because of high water)

We do have some fall color

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Re: Few pics
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:02am

what an interesting part of the country u live in.

IP Logged

Skullcrusher
CH.com Junior

I'm Tired of Hurting!

Guelph,Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:47am

WOW!
Add some freezing weather and that would make one heck of an ice rink. Grin

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 8:06am

Wow....now that's a bunch of water!
Beautiful pictures, Darlin.....as always.  Thanks and if you have a few more I'd be more than happy to look at them.... Smiley

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:01am

Shucks Jackie, just follow the link in my sig.  All the albums are named and this one is Oct. nove. 2009. 

Today, I will be heading out to Selman Field, a local aviation museum to photograph their Veteran's Day celebration.  Then I'm heading on down to my sister-in-laws'  and we're going to Angels on the Bluff and hopefully I will get some pics there!

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:54pm

OK...thanks Darlin.
Have fun and don't forget to take pictures... Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!