Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
There's a new (Junior) Sheriff in town... (Read 2159 times)
Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
There's a new (Junior) Sheriff in town...
Nov 6th, 2009 at 4:43pm

So for those that have me on Facebook know that last week at this time we were experiencing a little bit of drama in the neighborhood.  For those that didn't hear the story, allow me to explain my crazy afternoon last Friday...

I was washing dishes after making bread and noticed a teenage kid on a bike riding REAL slow...thought it was weird, so I watched him out my window.  He stopped in front of the house behind us (we live on a corner), so I sat there wondering what in the hell was going on.  After a few minutes he started riding again so I went back to washing dishes.  It wasn't 10 seconds later I looked up out my kitchen window and saw the kid on the bike and another kid in my neighbors backyard peeking into the windows and looking around.    

Ummm...seriously, I thought I was gonna pee my pants!!  LOL My blinds were open, and the lights were on so I got away from the window so they wouldn't see me and grabbed the phone to called 911. I went into Conner's room where the blinds were closed but I could still see out. I described each one of them to a T...down to the writing on the backs of their coats!! They cut the screen on the window to the bedroom and tried to force the window open, I don't know if they got scared or couldn't get in but they ran out of the backyard, got on their bikes and went down the road. Within 5-10 mins. (seemed like a lifetime) we had about 6 cops circling our neighborhood.  About 30 minutes later the police had come back to the house and started looking at the damage.  Well, apparently my next door neighbor & her son witnessed the whole thing too.  Her and I were on the phone with 911 at the same time, she told me she saw the exact things I did.  They ended us catching the two boys down the block breaking into another home. 

Now mind you...this all happened at 12:45 IN THE AFTERNOON!!!!  I was shocked.  I immediately went over to our alarm and set it...needless to say it is set ALL THE TIME!!  LOL  I haven't had a chance to catch my neighbors at home yet to see if anything has come of the boys.

Soooo....because of my (enter sarcasm here) pristine neighborhood crime fighting skills the San Diego Sheriff's Dept. has awarded me for my due diligence!!  LOL 

Thanks Sgt. Sprecco...I WILL NOT let you down!  Kiss

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Re: There's a new (Junior) Sheriff in town...
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 4:52pm

I feel the need to be frisked.

Seriously...I Do feel the need to sing....

There's no need to fear......Stephanie is here!!
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2009 at 4:54pm by Jimi »  

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 4:57pm

...and thus endeth all talk of hallucinogens or other Schedule I or Schedule II substances on ch.com. Grin

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:11pm

Scary stuff, Steph. Glad you and the boys are safe.

I really hate thieves.  My house, shop, and car have been broken into too many times (I lost count).  The girls have had thier cameras, cash, etc stolen when their purses were in the next room at school and friends homes.  I have no sympathy for these kids.  I've heard the same boohoo too many times to care.  All excuses and justification.

Take care and stay safe,
Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:08pm

Jimi wrote on Nov 6th, 2009 at 4:52pm:
I feel the need to be frisked.

I have a feeling I know what comes next here....... wait on it..... wait on it......

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:28pm

Good job Steph!  That is the way crime is stopped, by citizens calling in what they see.  Law enforcement can't be everywhere at once, and they depend on people calling in with accurate descriptions as you did.  Calling that one in may likely prevent a crime happening at your home. 

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 7:14pm

Atta girl !! You've made the Deputy Hall of Fame.

(Seriously. Nice job Steph)

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2009 at 7:15pm by seaworthy »  

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 7:51pm

Way to go Steph! Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 7:51pm

Atta girl Steph!

(Nice shoes, btw!)
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2009 at 7:58pm by Mosaicwench »  

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 7:59pm

Way to go Steph!!!!

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #10 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 8:21pm

Quote:
(Nice shoes, btw!)

Shoes? What shoes?

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #11 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 8:21pm

omg, LMAO!!  Love it!!  You SO deserve that reward and much more for being so diligent!  WTG girlfriend!!

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 11:18am

Well done, Steph. Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 12:47pm

You go girl.....GOOD JOB!!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:33pm

I am a bit confused.  When did you guys move to San Diego?  I thought you were in Kansas.  Or is the certificate just signed that way to be funny and I am not getting it.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #15 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:55pm

Karla wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:33pm:
I am a bit confused.  When did you guys move to San Diego?  I thought you were in Kansas.  Or is the certificate just signed that way to be funny and I am not getting it.

It's signed by our own Guiseppi, who IS in San Diego.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #16 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 3:59pm

Way to go Steph!  Cool

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus

So many donuts, such little
time...

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NJ,New_Jersey
Reply #17 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:22pm

Very nice job...glad the cops caught the creeps.

Langa

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #18 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:44pm

Wow! Great job!

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

lashultzwfe
CH.com Veteran

Make it a Great Day!

Milton,Wisconsin USA
Reply #19 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 8:34am

Wow, glad everyone is o.k, a bit of a scare. Wow, pretty "brave" young men to be doing this at 12:45,but I guess it doesn't matter to thieves.....

Diane

Diane Shultz  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!