Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
psilocybin/psilocin and drug tests (Read 4261 times)
moonhoney2
CH.com Junior

x0|chicago|USA||0|0|
psilocybin/psilocin and drug tests
Nov 6th, 2009 at 1:13pm

Do these items show up on standard and/or DOT employment drug tests?

DH has been cluster-free for a few years now (heavy knock on wood), but he is getting ready to start a new job soon.  This job does random drug tests.  I'm worried about the "What if it comes back and he takes the mushrooms and they tap him for a test" scenario.  Undecided

He hasn't told them about the headaches, and won't unless they come back.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Re: psilocybin/psilocin and drug tests
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:32pm

As far as I know, no, they don't test for that.  I did a 5-panel pre-employment screening about 2 years ago, and it was for marijuana, cocaine, opiates, methamphetamine and PCP.  Some places call for an expanded testing (10-panel), which also includes ecstasy, oxycodone, alcohol, methadone, prophoxyphene, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines.  I have not seen any labs that test for psilocybin, and I believe in previous discussions here, the overall consensus was that it is not done as a routine matter.
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:33pm by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:45pm

It's my understanding that they CAN test for it, but the cost is so high that hardly anybody does.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

moonhoney2
CH.com Junior

x0|chicago|USA||0|0|
Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:09pm

Thank you!!

I just realized that we are standing on the next cycle's doorstep.  Undecided It seemed longer because the last one, in 2006, was cut short by using the mushrooms. (His go in 3-3.5yr cycles)  The relief was HUGE!  I want him to be able to use that method again if necessary, but do not want him to put this new job at risk.  It's the key to our future.

Thanks again for the responses!

IP Logged

Mat
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:35pm

The only way to test for shrooms and LSD are by testing the spinal fluids from my understanding.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:40pm

Mat wrote on Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:35pm:
The only way to test for shrooms and LSD are by testing the spinal fluids from my understanding.

I'm pretty sure it's detectable in both the urine and in hair, but the process costs hundreds of dollars. I think it's gone from the urine in a matter of just a couple of days, but sticks around in the hair for up to a month.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Mat
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:57pm

I researched it and your right Brew, 1-2 days for LSD for a DOD urine test and 8 hours for mushrooms. Either way they will be out of your system over a weekend.

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 9:07pm

These days the employer has to specifically dictate which drugs to test for.  There are so many different drugs.  You cant really ask the lab to test for 'all drugs' as it will take a huge amount of urine and a very high expense. 
Most testing labs offer a basic 12 or so drugs which are the most common.  It is not likely that LSD or mushrooms are on that list.
That being said, I believe Mat is correct.  Within 48 hours he should be clean as a whistle.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!