Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some good and bad news (Read 1141 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Some good and bad news
Nov 5th, 2009 at 6:40am

It's snowing outside as I type this, we got our first bits of the white stuff last night.

I used to be so thrilled to see the first snow... not this year, though. My head doesn't like the cold days, and last two have been nearly impossible. You know what it's like... I keep eating guarana tablets (I do believe that they have made a difference) and drinking energy drinks.
That's the bad news.

Good news? Well, the magazine asked me to stay as a journalist after my traineeship ends at the end of this month. Smiley

At this point, I'll be working as a journalist until the end of January! Smiley I'm happy, excited and bit nervous. This is my big opportunity and it's fantastic! Smiley

PF days to us all,

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Re: Some good and bad news
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 6:46am

Your good news is excellent. Good for you.

Sorry to hear about your head.  Sending you PF wishes.

Carol

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:39am

sandie99 wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 6:40am:
Good news? Well, the magazine asked me to stay as a journalist after my traineeship ends at the end of this month. Smiley

Well Sanna, it's great news, but beyond belief surprising?  No, you're a "lucky them" find. 

I'm very happy they found you, although I believe you got yourself there.  Wink   Any assignments will be well done and even get around to smell a story.  Uh-huh.

If you find what interests women, pm me a clue.

While always unwelcome, episodic Ch can have its brusk timing at pinnacle points most unnecessary to the occasion, but it can.  Keep open an avenue if need be of stepping up attending care.  YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE SUPPORT WHATEVER NEEDED HERE.

Smiley

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:21am

Oh Sanna that is WONDERFUL!!

I'm so pleased for you, I know it's been your dream forever and I am absolutely ecstatic - way to go girlie!

I'm sorry about your head but hang in there, you know we have your back ((HUG))

big smiles and tons of love
Helen

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:05am

WONDERFUL news, Sanna....we're proud of you.  Smiley

Sorry about the head though... Cry

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:21am

Sanna,

I've been keeping my thoughts on you and your budding career for some time now.  I knew it was simply a matter of getting your foot in the door, and they would see you for the talented and determined journalist that you are.

This is but the first steps on a bright path for you.  Congratulations.

And about the head?  Well, this too shall pass.  And we are all here for you sweetie!

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:27pm

Great news Sanna and I know they are indeed the lucky ones.

Go get 'em.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Martin
CH.com Veteran

Ready for anything this
world can dish!

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:41pm

Congratulations Sanna, best of luck.  They're lucky to have you.

First snow here too!!! But I'm in Ottawa, Canada, so I expect lots more to come.  For me, the cold is a relief! If I get hit outside I can just jam one nostril shut, inhale madly on the painful side, and FREEZE the beast, if only for a little bit!!

Sorry to hear the opposite for you.

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #8 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 2:40pm

It's always nice to hear good news!

Well done Sanna, we all know you will thrive.

All the best. Smiley

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #9 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:08pm

Sanna... I am very, very happy about your good news...  Cool Cool

And very sad about your head...  Undecided - Hang in there Sweetie..

Lady Luv

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #10 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:20pm

Thank you all so much! Smiley

We all know that ch will do pretty much what it wants, when it wants and we have learned our own ways to cope and deal with it.

I'm so glad that I've been able to work every day and the worst day at work was this Thursday, when one of the managing editors came into my room when I was dealing with a hit. I have no idea if she thought I was acting bit weird during our conversation, but she didn't day anything. I just had to use all my power to appear somewhat ok.

Luckily today has been easier for change, but the weather is also a lot warmer today. Funny what a difference a day makes!

Thank you for you kind words about my journalism career. I've been waiting for this for so long. But, I have to admit, it feels also right. I have worked hard to get this chance and I've worked hard to show them what I can do. And the feedback - and this contract - prove that I've shown them that I can do this. Smiley

Thank you for believing in me and keeping my faith in my career alive. There has been moments when I almost lost my faith in it. But aguess there were things I needed to learn and this was the right time for it. Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!