Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Too good to not pass on... (Read 1796 times)
Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Too good to not pass on...
Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:46pm

Random Thoughts for the Day...or EVERYDAY:

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.   

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18. My grandson asked me in the car the other day "Papa what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: Too good to not pass on...
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:52pm

Steph, this was great!  I could relate to all of them.... especially #3 and #5!

Thanks for sharing!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:58pm

I got your #5...by watching Martha on Oprah!!  LOL

Here ya go... Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Wink

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 6:19pm

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Her name is Deedee and I would do the same for her.

Oh yeah...DJ look into that will you.  I will use it daily.

I do it, I just can't explain it .

has anyone ever noticed that men print...women do cursive?

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

I agree.  No one ever says This person (21 yrs. old) died as a drug over-dose.   Might really help those who are doing the drugs to stop and take another look at their destructive behavior.

I've been tired since I was 14

and a lot of money for "People magazine" as well as others.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

OMG....I thought I was the only one in the universe who thought that.  Wink

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

not so.   Everyone who looked at you along the way of your day...said wow, she/he is looking good. it made THEIR day a little brighter and thru them....yours.

18. My grandson asked me in the car the other day "Papa what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

7 kids, and I still cannot answer lame questions like that.  Good luck to those who can.

20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

I won't take that bet.  The "girls all get prettier at closing time"  is what most men sing at 1;30 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 6:29pm

I'm sitting here grinning and nodding - love it Steph!

My question a few years ago was "mummy where does the flame go when you blow out a candle?" I still cannot explain that one!

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:28pm

Mrs Deej wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:46pm:

One word..."password"...but really, no I mean REALLY...there's nothin' there...
REALLY
...oh sh....

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

When a man starts an argument with a woman...he ALREADY knows he's wrong...no matter if he's RIGHT.... "if a man says something in the forest, and there's no woman around, is he still wrong?...YUP"

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

If I could have saved those up...now that I can't...oh my...

WTF!!!! What are you talkin abou....oh...got it.....

Ummmm...what is "folding"??????

Please, can you tell that to Mrs. Rosenquist?...

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

I still need someone to hold my hand....

Yup...and NOPE...

Gonna try a nap...oh crap...

Bad stories make for good decisions..."the wise man learns from OTHERS mistakes, not his own" Bismarck?

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Yup...right after the first cup of coffee....

My 8-track collection is just fine...can't play 'em...but they are just fine...

Worse yet...it DOESN'T ask when you HAVE....

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.   

The label is just a "suggestion"...it ALL goes in...that colored/whites on the dial...bwaaaaaaa-hahahahaha!

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

Call back? I didn't want to talk to you in the first place....

Confident?...looking good?...never been there...

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

Ahhhh...let 'em eat voice mail hell....

EASY PEASY....if you EVER even SEE a ninja...you'd NEVER be able to run him over...now then, try explaining "why is the sky blue?" to a 5 yr old....

19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

The ice cream is round...the ice cubes are square...the frozen lasagna is rectangular...what more do you need?

Who's this Kay person?...where's this Jewelers bar?...they selling "beer goggles"?...well then...

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:36pm

Oh yeah - a GREAT need!  I'd change my entire system to that font!

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:51pm

I would too Pat.   Can we start a movement here???

Sarcastics unite!

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:55pm

Quote:

Like THAT would do any good...

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus

So many donuts, such little
time...

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NJ,New_Jersey
Reply #9 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 9:07am

Brew wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:55pm:
Quote:

Like THAT would do any good...

It would.  It would make us happy...and when the ladies are happy, then the men are happy.

I agree with the fitted sheet one - I just make it a ball and put it in the linen closet, who has time to figure it out?

And #16, it's worse when you go out looking like a rag lady and meet some old boyfriend who used to think you were the best thing since sliced bread.

Langa  Cheesy

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #10 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:21am

So true Steph.  Thanks for sharing that.

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #11 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:52am

Quote:
Was learning cursive really necessary?

It's still helpful when stubbing toes on furniture.

Quote:
My grandson asked me in the car the other day "Papa what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

He came out of nowhere.  Ninja see'um?  I didn't.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:55am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #12 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:43pm

Funny stuff Steph.......

Quote:

I agree. It beats the usual "died unexpectedly" when referring to people that dive off the Third Street bridge.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #13 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 1:32pm

Kevin_M wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:52am:
Quote:
[quote]My grandson asked me in the car the other day "Papa what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

He came out of nowhere.  Ninja see'um?  I didn't.

THAT THERE is funnnnnny!!!! Grin

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!