Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ergomar (Read 596 times)
tylerb
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

ergomar
Oct 30th, 2009 at 7:30pm

Called doc today and told them that I'm having 2 or 3 hits a night, but most are kip3 or 4.  My cycle has been going since August and have had some big ones.  Currently on 1200 lithium and 480 verapamil.  He wants me to try ergomar.  Never been on it, basically all I know is I can't take imitrex.  Let me know what your experiences have been with it.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: ergomar
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 8:08am

Using at bedtime to prevent/reduce night hits is an old trick. Pretty good....

As an abortive for an attack when you are awake--modest track record, at best, and requires taking it at the very first signs of a developing attack. Second, it's the only med I've used where it was clear that the expiration date means something, i.e., get fresh supply.

Have you tried melatonin at bedtime to block attacks? Some find it useful.

Recently, a couple of reports of using Zyprexa to prevent attacks (taking a bedtime). This is a new use and not much data beyond a few individual reports.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

tylerb
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: ergomar
Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 1:20pm

I did try melatonin with no luck.  These damn things are very unpredictable this time.  I'm fortunate to tell ya that I've be pain free for two straight days.....right after I called the doc.  Thanks for getting back to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!