Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Row row row your boat, make that an ark (Read 1829 times)
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Row row row your boat, make that an ark
Oct 29th, 2009 at 7:50pm

And that is the latest report from here.  All the rivers and lakes around here are above flood stage and it looks like we may get anywhere from 4-9 inches tonight.

The Ouachita River at Felsenthal (Arkansas/LA line) is 11 feet above flood stage.  The Ouachita River here is at 42.49 feet, 2 feet over flood state and there is a distinct possibility that it may hit 45 feet by Monday (at which point it is critical, because of sandboils and weak spots in the levees).

Lake Darbonne (local lake) is causing major flooding in Union Parish and several roads were washed out last week.

Bad storms heading our way.  Rainfall isn't the biggest worry now.  Winds 30 mph and above could cause these trees to topple over, causing major power outages.

All lamps are cleaned and filled and wicks are trimmed.  Damned generator(s) are own the fritz!
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:10pm by deltadarlin »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Re: Row row row your boat
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 8:59pm

That's not good, stay safe you guys!

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 9:45pm

Stay safe.  I am praying that you will not loose everything.  I grew up and my parents still live in a flood ravaged town.  It flooded twice 9 months apart last year and the year before.  Sick.  So many people lost everything.  They are just beginning to move the town a couple of miles down the road out of the flood plane.   Flooding is no fun!!

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 5:22am

Yeah, Carolyn... I'm in Shreveport right now and can't get home tonight. Just saw on the news that the steeple of the First Meth. church in downtown Shreveport is on top of a car (in downtown Shreveport???). Now that's some HIGH winds.

We had a tornado sighted in Blanchard (where the kids live) a while back, but it moved on toward you guys. My lord aren't we supposed to be OVER this by now?

Anyhow ya'll stay dry and we'll try to do the same.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 7:24am

Prayers for the sandbags to be heavy and tight, and that the wicks and powder stay dry.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 7:53am

*We* don't have to worry about flooding.  If my house floods, most of the state would have to be under water.

Jimbo got in about 1:30 this morning.  He worked all night as a reserve deputy for Union Parish (he over saw a crew of prisoners filling sandbags).  He said that parts of Hwy. 15 were under water when he came home last night/this morning (if he hadn't been in his 3/4 ton truck, he might not have gotten home).  He plans to get a little more sleep, call into work and take the day off and go back as a reserve deputy.  It's critical in Union parish right now, homes were already flooded up on Lake D'Arbonne.  Several roads are either under water or completely washed out.  I would imagine that Union Parish will be declared a disaster area.  *We* don't have to worry, if my house floods. the rest of the state will be under water.  However, not even sure I can get out my road this morning.  Jimbo said that it was washing out pretty bad when he came in.  Bad thing is,. it's supposed to rain all day today and possibly into tonight.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 9:09am

Hoping you all stay safe and sound.

Iddy

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #7 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 9:58am

I just checked/dumped the rain gauge and we've gotten 5.5 inches since last night and there is no end in sight to the rain.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #8 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 9:59am

Make the rain stop!  We have flooding here too.  12" of rain so far this month.   

The kids found the basement flooded last night around 10:00pm and spent almost 2 hours mopping up all the water.  John had started to do some digging around the basement to fix some drains and then the rain started (and hasn't stopped) and he hasn't been able to finish.  What a mess.   Angry

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #9 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 10:28am

Deltadarlin';

You & yours are in my Prayers...  and all the rest of my CH family that could be affected by the rain water...

I had water in my basement earlier this year (only the second time in the 37yrs of me being in the house)..  We've had constant rain since yesterday and have a lot of streets flooding... so I expect I will have water again...

My pump is acting up and my dehumidifier has went on the blink...  So I'm Praying for myself also..

Peace & Blessings
Ruthie
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2009 at 10:29am by LadyLuv »  

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #10 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 3:01pm

Yikes sound un fun kids. Hope you and yours will be successful holding on. Keep us posted.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #11 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 7:16pm

Listened to the news earlier.  Seems like the normal rainfall for October is 3.3".  As of this afternoon, we had 20".  A bit above normal, wouldn't you say?  Bad thing is, we haven't hit the rainy months yet.

Felsenthal (Ouachita River at AR/LA line) is at 81.3' and rising.  The Ouachita River is predicted to hit 45' by Monday and if it goes any higher they will shut down 2 of the 3 bridges that cross the river (next closest bridge is about 30 miles out of the way for me).

This link gives you *real time* stages on the river.

We have a new theme song for this part of the state

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #12 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 11:48pm

Stay safe Carolyn!   Y'all are in my prayers.

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 2:07pm

We've had 12" of rain this month, which is 9 1/2" over normal. The fields are flooded, the corn is wet. No one has been able to harvest corn.  Normally, it's in by now. Hopefully, it will dry out, and not get moldy.

The creeks are rivers, the rivers are way out of their banks. It rained like hell for the last 2 days, we got 3 inches.

It's a beautiful day today, 45 degrees, and it'll be a good night for the trick or treaters. I hope the rain stops where everyone has gotten too much.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Re: Row row row your boat, make that an ark
Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:14pm

At least for some of my fellow Louisianians!  The river is still rising and they've stopped trying to predict when or at what level it will crest.  I crossed the Ouachita today while I was in Monroe and it's a bit scary when you can look right over the rail and the water is way close!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!