Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Tad Nervous (Read 1244 times)
Carl D
CH.com Hall of Famer

25+ years CH Veteran

|St. Louis|MO, USA
A Tad Nervous
Oct 29th, 2009 at 12:55am

I have to go in the morning for an Endoscopy, and when looking over my paperwork today I noticed it had a sheet on the anasthesia. For the procejure they use Fentanyl and Propofal to put you to sleep.

So, tomorrow I will be getting the 'milk' and with all of the other meds I am on, just a wee tad nervous. As long as I wake up I'll be okay. Just not something I am looing forward to. If ya don't hear from me within a few days, it didn't go well. Otherwise, will check in tomorrow if able.

Milk of amnesia,
Carl

Living proof that busting can turn a chronic to episodic!

Live each day as if it were your last because one day, you will be right.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW soylentmack mackdanger http://facebook.com/mackdaniels70 carld1970@yahoo.com cfd+returns  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Re: A Tad Nervous
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 3:26am

Carl,
I don't know if you see this before it all...but lots of good luck! I hope it goes very well!

best wishes,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 7:20am

I will pray for you to have peace of mind during your surgery and that everything goes well.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 10:10am

Not a bad procedure. As long as the doc knows about all the drugs that you are taking, you should be fine. Keep us posted.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 10:25am

Good Luck Carl.  The procedure itself isn't bad and you won't remember it!

Let us know how you're doing when you can.

Carol

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 11:55am

Good luck Carl and we are all praying that all goes well.

Carol and Jimi are right in that it's not a bad procedure and I doubt that you'll remember going through it.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 8:02pm

I've had one of those. Worst part is being nervous before. The procedure is painless and is over before you know it.

You'll be fine. And of course we're all praying for you too.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #7 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 9:36pm

Good luck tomorrow!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Carl D
CH.com Hall of Famer

25+ years CH Veteran

|St. Louis|MO, USA
Reply #8 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 4:37am

Thanks. I would have been a little more at ease if I had read these before I left.

It was over before I knew it. One minute I am looking (no kidding) at a Pink Floyd - The Wall poster hanging there in the room where the procedure is done. Laid down on my left side, looked at the pic and thought, "Wow. That's really cool to see a pink floyd poster in..." and I was suddenly looking at the doctor saying, "Okay we're all done."

Sweet!

Now, I have even cooler news.
I've been nervous to see the results, as I still have the pics from my 1st endoscopy with all the ulcers and erosions all up and down my esophagus. I've been puking alot (at least 3-4 times a week) so my doc is giving me anti nausea meds and it is helping. However, with acid reflux, it was expected to get much worse.

The photos from the procedure yesterday freaked me out! All erosions have healed, and so have the ulcers! w00t!
I have some kind of allergy making my esoph shrink and therefore making it hard for me to swallow things without them wanting to come right back up. They biopsied the sections that were still affected at this time to see if they can determine what it is causing it, and how to treat it.

The bad news.... this means they have to go through the 'other end' to see if they can find what is screwing my system up since the upper part is better than it was. I am still having the #2 prob of not being able to go unless it is induced (I'll spare the details for the "Fecal Matters" interview Grin ) and since they went as far as the entrance to the small intestine and didn't find a blockage, now I have to be scheduled for a colonoscopy. Just as long as they get to the bottom of this (pun in ten ded) and I can start going normal again, I'll feel alot better and be sweatin' it a bit less.

On the seedier side, Saturday is dose 5. It will be 10 days from the 4th dose, but packing this one with a whallop for a reason: I've only had 3 CH's since my 4th dose. It may be coincidence but I doubt it. I just wasn't sure it would work for me. I'll know more in another 2-3 weeks if the rc seeds are breaking through at all. Hell, if I could just get down to 3 hits a month - that would make it soooo worth it. 50 bucks for 500 seeds is much cheaper than 480 dollars for 18 Frovatriptan tabs (not kidding.)

So, endoscopy went well. I woke up. The 'plot' thickens, but at least this part is over.
I think I eased up on the Propofol this morning before the procedure when I realized, it wasn't the drug that killed Michael Jackson - it was the doctor who was stacking the benzodiazapines, THEN putting Propofol on top of it. Plus, I didn't take my morning meds before the procedure, so there was no stacking there.  Wink To anyone here who said even the shortest prayer for me for today - thank you.

Peace,
Carl

*edited for typos
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2009 at 4:44am by Carl D »  

Living proof that busting can turn a chronic to episodic!

Live each day as if it were your last because one day, you will be right.

WWW soylentmack mackdanger http://facebook.com/mackdaniels70 carld1970@yahoo.com cfd+returns  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #9 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 7:22am

I'd say overall this is weighing on the plus side.

Prayers answered. More on the way for the southern invasion.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #10 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 9:17am

Great news Carl! You were on my mind and in my prayers.
Don't sweat the colonoscopy, it's not that bad.Had my first about eight months ago.

The sign at the clinic said "Don't be shy, get your ass in here" Grin
Be well

Iddy

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #11 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 9:58am

Glad to hear the procedure went okay and the next one will too.  The prep part of it is the worst but the rest of it - you won't even know about!

Take care
Carol

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #12 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 2:54pm

Good news Carl but sorry you have more to come.

As was said here, the worst thing about a colonoscopy is the prep. You won't know it happend.

Just what is it that prompts a physician to specialize in this particular end or the anatomy? Kink or something? It's a puzzlement.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #13 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 3:12pm

Never had a doubt Friend... Glad it's over..

Luv Ya
Ruthie

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

cathy
CH.com Alumnus

Not all those that wander
are lost......

x1|Cambridgeshire|United_Kingdom|europe|185|227|
Reply #14 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 5:16pm

Oh make sure your near a loo when you take the pre meds for the colonoscopy never underestimate what your bottom is capable of....lol....been there done that had that..... Cheesy Hope all goes well.....

Life will always be a bowl of cherries.....
cathy cybersis1965  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #15 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 6:26pm

Quote:
One minute I am looking (no kidding) at a Pink Floyd

Bob Wold came to see you before your proceedure?????   Wow, what a guy.

Glad it's over and you're o.k. Carl.  Kiss

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 12:41pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Oct 30th, 2009 at 6:26pm:
Quote:
One minute I am looking (no kidding) at a Pink Floyd

Bob Wold came to see you before your proceedure?????   Wow, what a guy.

Glad it's over and you're o.k. Carl.  Kiss

Grin That was exactly my first thought too!

I'm glad all went well Carl.  Don't sweat the colonoscopy.  My husband had one 6 weeks ago and he sailed right through it.  He was awake one second, then asleep the next, then awake again.  No pain, no nausea, no nuttin.  I took him home about an hour after he woke back up, he ate a full dinner (he was starving after not being able to eat anything for at least 24 hours before, and he played three sets of tennis the next day. 

Note, however, the pre-med for the colonoscopy was drinking something like five gallons (at least it seemed like five gallons) of a sports drink like ProPel, or Gatorade, mixed with something - can't remember what.  Total liquid diet, popsicles, jello, etc - NOTHING with a red color.  Plus, he became very familiar with the porcelain bowl Roll Eyes.  To him, this was the worst part.  The rest was a piece of cake.

I'll send his good vibes, juju, and prayers to you, along with my own.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!