Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Episode Over? (Read 825 times)
Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Episode Over?
Oct 28th, 2009 at 4:57pm

So-for the past year I've been getting hits.  I believed I had become chronic.  Bear with me.   I've gone from just verapamil, more verapamil to topamax and nerurontin and verapamil and SO much imitrex as to kill horses.  I have managed to get them under control with Neruontin and verapamil, and have tapered off the neurontin and am now ONLY on 240mg of verap a day. 

I've been going strong like this for 3 weeks, no hits.  Do I dare taper off the verap?  how long should I wait before I know I'm in the clear (or IF i am in the clear?)

Joshua

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Re: Episode Over?
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 7:20pm

Joshua,

No one here can answer that for you. It's your call - and always will be  Smiley

You didn't mention high flow oxygen therapy, so I can't pass up this opportunity to tell you that it rocks. In fact, some of us consider it the "front line" abortive over Imitrex.

Marc

Edit to add: "If you do it right"   Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2009 at 7:32pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 6:57am

I use 720 mg of verap a day . Two weeks with no shadows or hits and I begin to taper.

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 8:01am

Hey..High flow o2 - definitely in the arsenal for when I'm home.  Total lifesaver.  Smiley I'll probably kick around on this dose for a while - and taper down after Thanksgiving.

Thanks all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!