Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It was a good/bad weekend. (Read 525 times)
BigMatt
Ex Member

It was a good/bad weekend.
Oct 27th, 2009 at 2:49pm

Well I turned 47 on Saturday, started out the weekend by going to dinner with friends on Friday night a nice place but very noisy and I forgot to bring earplugs. Now for those who don’t know a SUNCT attack can be triggered by a lot of noise and later that night I was rewarded with my worse attack in quite some time, my girlfriend was wondering if she should take me to the ER for a shot of Demerol, guess I looked pretty bad curled up in a ball. I don’t think one of my attacks comes close to comparing to a CH attack but with SUNCT the pain never goes away and over time beets the crap out of you and to get a screamer like I did Friday night well it just really creams you good. Well I took a bunch of my pain pills and got through it then on Saturday I treated the girlfriend and myself to messages before we went to the Bridge School concert.
The message was great and so was the concert and yes I remembered my earplugs so no bad attack after the concert, so it really was a great birthday. I have no idea how I got so lucky to find a woman that would not just put up with me but put up with my SUNCT as well. Nancy and I met on eHarmony five months ago and I was already five months in on this cycle so she has never seen me pain free or not on medication so as you can imagine she really is some woman and I am one lucky guy or at least I sure feel like a lucky guy, she makes me smile no matter how bad I am feeling and that my friends is priceless.
Smiley

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: It was a good/bad weekend.
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 3:38pm

Quote:
on Saturday I treated the girlfriend and myself to messages before we went to the Bridge School concert.

You really know how to make a girl feel special, don't you?

"Here, honey, look at my phone. Let me look at yours. Now come into the kitchen and listen to my answering machine."

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 3:48pm

Works for me Matt...like all the supporters here, she sees beyond the beast (of whatever type) to the real person...we aint a condition with a person attached...we are a person with a condition...wish the docs would realize that.

Glad for your joy...I'm thinking both of you are lucky.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 3:52pm

Brew wrote on Oct 27th, 2009 at 3:38pm:
Quote:
on Saturday I treated the girlfriend and myself to messages before we went to the Bridge School concert.

You really know how to make a girl feel special, don't you?

"Here, honey, look at my phone. Let me look at yours. Now come into the kitchen and listen to my answering machine."

OMG Brew I nearly choked on my peanut butter!!! Grin

Matt, a Happy Belated Birthday to you!  Sorry about the pain, but it sounds like you have yourself a good catch there. Wink

Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

BigMatt
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 10:55am

Thanks guys, I do have a good woman and as you can tell I do not take her for granted. It takes a big heart to put up with what I am going through and she does it with a smile and a warm hug, not about to let her get away that’s for sure. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!