Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Here it comes (Read 4789 times)
Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Here it comes
Reply #25 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:47am

Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 8:15pm:
Oh-oh....Jimi lied then????

I begged her to stay...I did! Roll Eyes

And John...the pic of your boot almost makes me barf it's so damned high!!!!! California misses both of you. Cry

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #26 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:37am

Guiseppi wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:47am:
California misses both of you. Cry

They need all the compliant taxpayers they can get.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:21pm

Okay I know I'm evil but...

I am laughing my socks off here picturing Linda in a snow drift. Or actually, NOT picturing her! Should we be thinking about getting her a radio tag so we can find her? Or one of those cute little hats with an extendable flagpole and a brightly coloured pennant so Jimi knows where to dig? We need  a contingency plan!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #28 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:43pm

O.K.  So what you're all saying here is that I probably should go out and buy a warm jacket to go with the boots.  Right?

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #29 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:05pm

Joe....plus Davenport...plus Winter........remember when Linda? Grin

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #30 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:28pm

Quote:

I am laughing my socks off here picturing Linda in a snow drift. Or actually, NOT picturing her! Should we be thinking about getting her a radio tag so we can find her? Or one of those cute little hats with an extendable flagpole and a brightly coloured pennant so Jimi knows where to dig? We need  a contingency plan!

A military style flare gun would do the trick.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #31 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:32pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

One of these might do you some good Linda.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:34pm

Brew wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:28pm:
Quote:

A military style flare gun would do the trick.

Yes but the kick back might bury her even deeper. I'm MUCH taller and I'd have a problem there too!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #33 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:49pm

You're all enjoying the hell out of this, aren't you?  Huh

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:58pm

Like a midget in a snow bank, she trudged onward through the blizzard thinking,"a couple of inches my butt!".
Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 2:53pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:49pm:

Yup!  Grin

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #36 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 3:23pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 1:49pm:

Not really. I thought I would enjoy it more, but alas, not so much.

IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #37 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:01am

No no no no, you have it all wrong.  After 4 years in upstate NY where 5 ft in a single snow fall was common, what Linda REALLY needs to ALWAYS, AT ALL TIMES, have keys or a strong piece of metal in her pockets so we can rent a metal detector to find her.

That's what we had to do when Clark lost the keys through the snowblower.....don't ask.

So Linda, always have metal and we will always find you Smiley

Cat

eta:  We own a metal detector and I would be happy to come up any time at all to help locate you Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:02am by catlind »  

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Island Bayou Mushroom Farm
Reply #38 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:53am

Having spent most of the first 17 years of my life living in and around Colorado Springs, I have spent my share of time in the snow and cold.  I left in Aug of 64 for Marine Corp boot camp at San Diego ( Hot - No Snow ), on to Memphis and then Cherry Point, NC ( A little cooler in the winter but still not much snow ), and then to South Viet Nam ( HOT - NO SNOW ).  In December of 67 I came back to the US on 30 days leave bofore returning to Nam for a voluntary 6 month extention ( Yup, I in advertantly volunteered to participate in the Tet Offensive!!  Actually not one of my brighter decisions.  LOL ).  Anyway, my folks had moved to Fort Worth, Texas so I split my leave between Colo ( COLD - SNOW ) and Tex ( my brother and I played football in shorts, t shirts, and barefoot on Jan 1, 1968 ). 

When I got discharged in June of 68 I flew to Colo to see all my friends for a few days and then came to Texas to see my folks and have been here ever since.  I guess I've even come to see myself as a Texan and now cling firmly to the belief that " If God had wanted Texan's to ski he would have made bullshit white".

Dallas Denny

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:19am

Dallas Denny 62 wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:53am:
If God had wanted Texan's to ski he would have made bullshit white".

Dallas Denny

I am laughing myself hoarse here! I love it and as an adopted West Texan you can guarantee I will be using that one at the first opportunity I get! - still giggling! Think I might have to ring my friend in Amarillo tonight just to tell her!

Thanks for a really good laugh!

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #40 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:18pm

Quote:
I have been assured that my first winter in Kentucky will not have blizzards or more than a few inches of snow off and on. I bought some winter boots just in case.  I don't know how you folks in the cold climates wear these things though.  My feet are used to sandals.   

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Not to worry Linda. We're here for you. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:19pm by Charlie »  

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!