Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I ARE A GRANNY AGAIN.... (Read 1547 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
I ARE A GRANNY AGAIN....
Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:22pm

Chase Walker made his appearance about 10 this morning and is doing great. Had a bit of a problem with him. He just didn't want to get warm and his blood sugar was jumping up and down so he had to stay in the nursery most of the day, but things got ok about 5 this afternoon and we got him in the room and he's just happy as can be.

Caleb is a BIG BROTHER and has let everyone know about "HIS" baby. Right after Chase was born, my son (for once did something right) took Caleb back and let him BOND with Chase and he did BIG TIME for about an hour (before Granny even got to see the little tyke). That was the best hour ever spent. Now Chase is totally Caleb's baby and the rest of us are allowed to "look" at him, but we have to have Caleb's permission to "touch".  :biggrin:   He let me hold Chase for a few minutes, but gave me orders about the head and "don't pat", etc. the whole time I was holding him. And he had to be drug away from the hospital tonight - he was going to spend the night up there cause they might not take "proper" care of his baby. (I figure about Thursday or Friday the new will wear off, but until then..... :wink: )

Anyhow, it's been a LONG day, but a really happy one. I'm home for now, but am going back in the morning to get the house ready for Mr. Chase to come home Wednesday and take care of Caleb (His other grandparents are leaving tomorrow, so Granny's on duty this week).

Oh, he weighed 7lbs 7oz and he's about this long (heck I don't remember), he's got all his toes and fingers and they're LONG and lots of hair. Caleb says he's the prettiest baby in the world and I agree that he's ONE of the TWO (Caleb doesn't remember how pretty he was).

This Granny is going to have really sweet dreams tonight.

Hugs  :Kiss:

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: I ARE A GRANNY AGAIN....
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 12:56am

Well...congratulations, Barb.   Smiley

Welcome, Chase. 

Pics............?

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 2:06am

BarbaraD wrote on Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:22pm:
Now Chase is totally Caleb's baby and the rest of us are allowed to "look" at him,

He let me hold Chase for a few minutes, but gave me orders about the head and "don't pat", etc. the whole time I was holding him.

Hmm, sneaky, I see they didn't tell Caleb anything about diapers.  You'll get little brother from Caleb when     "Granny, Chase has stinky."   Wink

Glad everything turned out fine for all.    Congrats, Barb!!

IP Logged

McGee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 5:30am

congrats on your new addition to the family

Mark (<<<<no kids but im a great uncle  Smiley)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW mmcglinchey1  
IP Logged

Happy Pappy
CH.com Sponsor

Finer than frogs hair!

Ft Loudon, PA
Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 7:47am

congratulations Granny! Wink
Happy Pappy

We will all go to HEAVEN we have been to HELL! -(Personal Quote)  They say this will only make me stronger but I did not ask to be SUPERMAN

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 8:12am

Welcome to the world Chase and big congrats to Barb and family.  Now go spoil the dickens out of that little guy!!!  Smiley

Hugs
Carol

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 9:35am

Congratulations on the new addition to the family Barb! 

I just love newborns. Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 10:01am

Congratulations, Barb!

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 10:27am

Congrats Barb!  Glad to hear the great news.  We got to meet Caleb at convention, so are you going to bring Chase to LouCon and introduce him?

All the best,
Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 10:46am

Glad to hear about the new baby. Congratulations to all. Give Caleb a hug for us and be sure to send a picture of the brothers!

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 2:21pm

Watch your head Granny! Congrats and many more.
the bbz

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 2:43pm

Congrats Granny!

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 4:50pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Congratulations - Granny Again.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 10:25pm

Congratulations  Granny....!

Lefty...!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #14 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 2:34am

Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing. Smiley
Can't wait to see some pictures. If you don't have a digital camera, you could do what I used to do.

Walmart has it where you can drop off disposable cameras and they'll put it either online, or, put it on a disk for you. Cheesy

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #15 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 6:21am

We're bringing Chase home today. I've got Caleb here at the farm and we're getting ready to go back to Shreveport (Granny forgot her laptop yesterday and had to make a run to the farm - some business she's got to get out for a client - it does go on)..

Caleb wanted to call "Sgt" JOE last night to come help him take care of the nursery staff at the hospital. They came and took his baby away for a little while and he was not happy about that.

He and I cooked dinner for Mommy and Daddy last night (Daddy hasn't left the hospital for some reason) and took it to them. We had a lovely dinner with them while Chase slept on the couch beside the table and grunted (he wanted to eat with the rest of us).

Christy, tell Joe to be on "standby" --  Wink Caleb may need him if they don't release his baby early enough today.  Roll Eyes  He's taking this "brothering" business to a new high.

This is really funny, but I swear Caleb has grown up totally in the last couple of days. Of course, the part about not going back to school cause he has to stay home and take care of brother, we're working on.... but.... Smiley He's just done an about face. Hope it lasts...

Talk to ya'll later.. I'm on the road again... Gotta go figure out what I'm feeding the kids today. Granny's work is just never done... Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 1:34pm

Congratulations!!!  That's awesome news...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #17 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 3:23pm

Many congratulations to granny! Welcome to the world, little baby you!

And many congratulations to brand new big brother and new parents! Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #18 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 3:30pm

BarbaraD wrote on Oct 28th, 2009 at 6:21am:
He's taking this "brothering" business to a new high.

This is really funny, but I swear Caleb has grown up totally in the last couple of days.

And there's so much a seven year old already knows about "boying", Caleb will be brimming with eagerness to have a fresh-eared little brother looking up and smiling as he explains the world.  Well, there'll be some consulting the wizard, granny, on some sticking points and progress reports on Chase to discuss.   Wink

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #19 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 6:37pm

Everything sounds like it's going great. Caleb couldn't be a better big brother too!! Congratulations to you and the family. Now where are the pictures we are waiting for????????  Wink

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #20 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 12:21pm

Congratulations! 

Caleb sounds like the perfect big brother to  Chase.  He's going to teach Chase everything a boy should know (so be prepared  Wink.

I always loved my two daughters, but when they had daughters of their own - it was instant adoration for me.  My two granddaughters are "perfect"  Roll Eyes

Grannyhood is phenomenally fun!

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 4:03pm

Grandchildren are so special, congratulations to you all

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!