Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Planning a ch article in here (Read 963 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Planning a ch article in here
Oct 26th, 2009 at 8:21am

Hi guys,

As some of you know, I'm working now as a trainee at Finnish women's weekly magazine MeNaiset (UsWomen).

I talked with one of the managing editors about writing a piece about ch. She was all for it! Smiley Now I'm working on a particular angle for the story.

Want to help me out in here? I have way too many ideas, in fact, I could write a whole ch theme issue! Grin

Best wishes,

Sanna

P.S. if you want to check out the magazine, this is the website:Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

ClusterChris
CH.com Old Timer

Damn Head!

Welland, Ontario
Re: Planning a ch article in here
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 9:27am

Maybe you should do it on migrains instead, There alot more people suffering from them. LOL just kidding. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed(Running out of here as fast as I can).

I wouldn't know where to begin but I just want to tell ya that if you have any questions I'll help where I can.
Thank you for doing it and Good luck!!

Chris

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:39am

I would suggest you go from your own experience and tie in other sufferers that you know.  Don't make it a pity piece, but educational.  For what that's worth...

Good for you.  Keep after it.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 12:28pm

Mention the global community and the supporters - we like that! Roll Eyes

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Martin
CH.com Veteran

Ready for anything this
world can dish!

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 1:03pm

I'd be happy if you were able to just validate our suffering.

So many stories of CH sufferers losing colleagues, jobs, friends, families, lovers over these things. (one of my exes had enough, up and quit a few years back. that hurt.)

People have to understand how painful, how debilitating, and how hopeless we feel at times
(BUT DONT MAKE IT A PITY PIECE) LOL.  hope that confused you enough

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 1:20pm

I've been sitting here for 6 weeks with a broken leg unable to do much of anything. One of the things that gives me strenghth is watching other people overcome their handicap and get on with their lives. This is also something I've admired about CH sufferers, the will and determination to make life as strong and normal as possible. Despite this condition many manage families, careers, and college. This may be an inspirational angle to a story, just my thought.  Good luck with your story!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 2:39pm

Thank you guys. Smiley

The managing editor was clearly planning to cover ch via 3 different angles in one story, perhaps writing about a couple who were united via ch, someone who's job is affected because of it and just perhaps I could "sell" ch online communities as the third option.

Now if I only could get 3 wonderful ch women from 3 countries together at the same place at the same time, I could get the magazine's photographer with me to cover the story! Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 2:57pm

In case you don't know / haven't seen: Dr. Sewell's new site Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register has some interesting things.
Maybe you can use them.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 8:57pm

Great news kid and it looks like you're getting good ideas here.

Mine is that it's important to drill into people's heads that this is something so painful that you don't lay down or relax as a way of dealing with this horror.  It's the last thing a CHer could do.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 4:37am

Being for women, an informational mention of a sentence or two that diagnosis of CH in women may be reserve because of a prior, and perhaps lingering belief, it has more a propensity to afflict men when most assuredly women do get CH.  Misdiagnosis and delay by dancing around other possibilities without proper treatment of CH can lead to a variety of other noneffective drugs suggested, extending very painful daily life to bear, the reason for seeking help, requiring knowledge and time too long enough sometimes to get it managed.  I'm pretty sure frustrating experiences are available of dour example.  All positive hope though for present and future readers, someone may know someone and bring the article to their attention.  Maybe some happy endings.     Smiley

IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 10:42am

Sanna;

I think the
Colleague Letter
on the O.U.C.H. Web Sight contains the greatest explanation there is for CH. I carry a copy of this letter with me at all time.  When ever I give one away, I replace it with another.

I'm sure you could get a few tips for your article..

Peace & Blessings
Lady Luv

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #11 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 3:56am

Thank you for your ideas! Smiley

This is exactly why I begun this tread. I might have forgotten otherwise how difficult it can be to get a proper dignosis for us women; I was lucky myself - my first neuro didn't look at my gender but my symptoms when he made the dignosis.

And when I do write the piece, I'm going to do a fact box, which contains what you mentioned, Charlie.

Ladyluv, I don't that us Finns have our own version of the letter. I have made my own version of it to my closeones, which includes treatments etc. Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!