Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Don’t you just like to reminisce? (Read 499 times)
cavalier
Ex Member

Don’t you just like to reminisce?
Oct 23rd, 2009 at 5:43pm

Sitting today having a good old chops, we talked and talked about of things that past.
We laughed at our memories of the good old days….

Having sat and thought about those days, I wonder whether they were as good as I remember.

The frustration and worry of getting that first date.
The knock backs and the cringing moments of trying not to look too bothered when you were.
That wonderful first paper round donning your latest fashion statement…Freezing cold because it didn’t suit the weather.
That sweaty grip of your first pocket money in hand as you blew it on chocolate, later to be sick.
I suppose whatever your age there will always good memories from your past.
“Something to tell your grandkids about

Good god I sound like my mother!!

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Re: Don’t you just like to reminisce?
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 8:14am

Quote:
That wonderful first paper round ...
That sweaty grip of your first pocket money in hand as you blew it on chocolate,

The frustration and worry of getting that first date.

... about those days, I wonder whether they were as good as I remember.

Those particular ones are still remembered.  Paper route at eleven in '66.  First spent cash on a half dozen 45's I wanted and a Beatle album, the one with "Eight Days A Week".  Loved the entire LP for a long time, still got 'em all.   Yep, bought some chocolate marshmellow Mallo Cups, lots more after that, too.

Went to the Teen Center on the weekends that summer before seventh grade, cool bands.  The first dance at Junior High in seventh grade, held a sit-in with a couple friends for better music.  The times they were a changin'.

Did the first formal dance later and was peer-pressured into asking a girl who sat in front of me in class I fooled around with a lot.  Actually liked her girlfriend though.  Bad move, definitely no second date.  Can't believe I did that, awkward, good lesson, a Mulligan if I was golfing.
  A girl asked me to a dance, I wasn't real interested in at the time but went, another dumb move.  Later in life she was fantastic and I was genuinely attracted but ... took a long time to see.

One was good and others bad as I still remember. 

If you care to, how 'bout yourself, Cav?

IP Logged

cavalier
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 10:48pm

Would you really like to know??

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 8:51am

You hit on some things in common, perhaps even universal.  First earned money in hand, first dates, things remembered.  It's all different for each of us.  I guess for me it was, blew the money, flunked the dates. 

Quote:
first pocket money in hand ...  blew it on chocolate

I'll imagine some things ARE common.     Wink

Quote:
Don’t you just like to reminisce?

What didn't work out the first time can be overcome, the times before making a good first connection, except I'm still a bad date.  Just hope you got your feet under you better.   Smiley

Quote:
I wonder whether they were as good as I remember.

Sounds like not bad!
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2009 at 9:03am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!