Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Soupy Sales (Read 343 times)
Carl D
CH.com Hall of Famer

25+ years CH Veteran

|St. Louis|MO, USA
Soupy Sales
Oct 23rd, 2009 at 5:31am

Funny man of the 50's 60's & 70's, passed away at age 83. I remember seeing alot of his stuff as a kid.

R.I.P.

Living proof that busting can turn a chronic to episodic!

Live each day as if it were your last because one day, you will be right.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW soylentmack mackdanger http://facebook.com/mackdaniels70 carld1970@yahoo.com cfd+returns  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Re: Soupy Sales
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 7:04am

His show originated here in Detroit, so I got a big dose of his stuff early in life, loved the guy, influencial.  Just checked, can still do the Soupy shuffle.

The Soup was a tasteful music-lover.  The guitarist who did some work on his show had a studio around here my mother informed me when I developed some decent playing, but I searched everywhere for signs he was still in the city and couldn't find him.  Both Soup's son's are really good rock musicians.

As a small kid, the guy was an idol and one of the bright stars of his day for kids.  Life impressions being Soupy's show, along with Johnny Ginger, and by kindergarten, I was in the corner every day.
Smiley  Smiley   Tongue  Smiley  Cool  Smiley

Big thanks, Soup, my man.  You were there for this kid.   Hope you got the big pie in the sky.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 12:37am

He was part of my and my brothers childhood. Respectable humor.

Gods speed Soupy....

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 2:56pm

Soupy was a big part of my life too.  My Mom had to stock up on Soupy's typical lunch menus because whatever Soupy had for lunch that day, so did I or I wouldn't eat anything!

RIP Soup.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!