Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rays of sunshine on a tough day (Read 524 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Rays of sunshine on a tough day
Oct 22nd, 2009 at 1:57pm

God works mysterious ways. It never stops to amaze me.

Today I said goodbye to my friend Eeva. She had a beautiful funeral and the feeling was as warm as she was (though the weather wasn't).

It was good to see a packed chapel filled with people who loved and missed Eeva a lot. It did saddened me that the priest clearly didn't know that much about Eeva - she admitted that she had only had a "short" conversation with Eeva's family. I know that time is a luxury many of us don't have, but still. I wish she would have spend a bit more time getting to know more about Eeva...

I found out that Eeva had known about my boyfriend- she had seen me and Esa taking a walk at my home street. I had not known that she had seen us and hearing that tiny piece of news warmed my heart, because I had wished so much that I could have introduced Esa to Eeva and now, in a way, I had. Smiley

As soon as we left the funeral, it begun to rain. It felt appriate. When I got back home, I lit a candle to Eeva's memory. Smiley

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: Rays of sunshine on a tough day
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 2:15pm

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Sanna. 

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 2:30pm

Thank you, Jeannie. Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 7:58pm

Very touching. So sorry. Cry

Barry&Angie Smiley Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 8:18pm

Sunshine is good, Sanna.  Smiley

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 8:22pm

I like your outlook in dealing with the loss of your friend.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 1:49am

Smiley

Your friend was fortunate to have a friend like you.  I'm sorry for your loss, Sanna.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 2:27pm

Thank you all for your posts. Smiley

I'm so glad that I was allowed to take a day off from work. It would have been so odd to go there for just a half and hour before the funeral or go back after, knowing that my head is not anywhere near the pieces I need to work on (and I actually left the for home past 5pm, which means that it would have been way too late to go back to work.)

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!