Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
After 8 years (Read 320 times)
Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
After 8 years
Oct 18th, 2009 at 11:42am

...the HP Pavillion with the intel celeron processor computer finally gave up the fight.  After memory upgrades, and installing wireless cards, she just had no more to give and stopped booting up yesterday. 

Tried a reinstall of XP, and though it boots, it will not read the wireless card, has no icons on the desktop. It has no basic programs at all, and won't upload anything I've tried to transfer to it.

It's been the kids computer since I bought the laptop 2 years ago.  Lots of artwork is gone. 

There is a computer place that sells refurbished penteum III for 50 bucks with XP pro.  About the only thing I can do.

Dyl starts classes in January, and Megg will need to be able to do her homework here as well. 

Just really bad timing for a major tool to go to shit.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Lobster
CH.com Alumnus

Re: After 8 years
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:19pm

The art is only gone if you let your XP reinstall attempt reformat the hard drive. 

After an XP install your desktop is expected to be bare.  Devices such as the wireless card just need to have the drivers reinstalled to being them online.

Rock beats Scissors.

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Re: After 8 years
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:33pm

I tried that Wrok....

Used the laptop to download the drivers to a 4G flash.  The celeron refused to take and install the drivers. 

Office is gone---media player is gone---

I'm downloading open office and going to try to install that on the beast.  If it refuses to take that as well...I know I'm fresh outta luck.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!