Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone tried MDMA?? (Read 6134 times)
dj51
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NJ
Has anyone tried MDMA??
Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:05am

I feel really weird about talking about this but felt like I had to because to date it has been the only thing that has worked...

I am a DJ and from time to time have used MDMA...I have never gotten a headache while on it or for a day or two after...I see a lot of info on the effects of LSD and Mushrooms but not much on MDMA.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had a similar expierence??? I have them chronically and the only break I have had besides a one week break when I first tried Topamax.

I would love to hear from anyone who has a break from it too...

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Has anyone tried MDMA??
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 12:04pm

Nope. Not me.

Oh, and please refer to yourself as a disc jockey. There's only one DJ around here. Wink

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

dj51
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NJ
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 12:22pm

Brew wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 12:04pm:
Nope. Not me.

Oh, and please refer to yourself as a disc jockey. There's only one DJ around here. Wink

LOL...How about 51? disc jockey is a lot to type...I am really curious to see if anyone else has had this work. It would make some sense because of the way it effects serotonin...I was also thinking it maybe because I am moving around on a dancefloor and changing my sleeping pattern. I found this out completely by accident an never used it as a treatment. I have to say to be able to have a weekend free of CH made it a lot more bearable...

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 3:16pm

Well it doesn't seem too surprising I suppose, although I'm not aware of exactly what Ecstasy has in common with LSD, Mushrooms, etc., and what the differences might be.

I wonder if it might be worth it for you to try Rivea Corymbosa seeds (AKA RC seeds)?

The advantages being they're legal to purchase, easy to consume (no growing!). entirely natural with centuries long history of use by indigienous peoples, and therapeutic doses for CH are non-hallucinogenic, often entirely side effect free. Large doses are reputedly hallucinogenic.

Then, if you haven't researched it already, there's the O2 etc. that you can find out about here that could also potentially kill a whole lot of those CH attacks of yours...

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2009 at 3:18pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 4:23pm

No growing, bejeeber?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 7:22pm

Last I heard, when the persistence of Rick Doblin of MAPS with Michael Mithoefer and good words from Charles Grob helped reveal the experimental errors of George Ricaurte's negative studies on the drug, it got FDA approved about 2004 for clinical trials to post-traumatic stress disorder patients coping with anxiety, so it may have some future.  By 2006 it was said to show a beneficial effect.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2009 at 7:26pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 7:57pm

Brew wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 4:23pm:
No growing, bejeeber?

Yeah what I meant by that is that you don't have to wait around for anything to grow, unlike the mail order mushroom spores option.

Not that you couldn't plant these RC seeds and get your growing on.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2009 at 6:53pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 8:00am

I refuse to even consider it.  A friend had a stroke from it.  MDMA if abused can seriously cause some brain damage.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 7:35am

Chad wrote on Oct 18th, 2009 at 8:00am:
I refuse to even consider it.  A friend had a stroke from it.  MDMA if abused can seriously cause some brain damage.

Considering it at the street level, most certainly not being commonly cut with methamphetamine, which could be a cause making it dangerously different from experienced '71 Ann Arbor MDA.

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 7:52am

Well wouldn't LSD, Psylocybin be cause to serious damage too if used in super-ammounts? Or street-ammounts?

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 8:43am

MattyAA wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 7:52am:
Well wouldn't LSD, Psylocybin be cause to serious damage too if used in super-ammounts? Or street-ammounts?
Absolutely!  Anything in super amounts can cause damage.  Just read about Syd Barrett and his LSD experience.
With ecstasy it could be just one dose off the street and you're screwed.  Just search the web and see how many people are affected from ecstasy.
I just choose to stay away from it

Psylocybin can be consumed in small doses.
Now,  LSD I would put in the same boat as ecstasy.  You don't know what's in it off the street. 
You also don't know how much of the actual ingredient is in it.  Shrooms and seeds are as natural as it gets.  That's my magic bullet.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2009 at 8:46am by Chad »  

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 12:47pm

True, they are most natural.

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 11:34am

Quote:
With ecstasy it could be just one dose off the street and you're screwed

BINGO!

Uncontrolled bathtub/kitchen sink formulations.

IP Logged

DannyV
CH.com Veteran

Save Deadwood

x0|Boston|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts
Reply #13 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 2:03pm

MDMA has been proven to have no dangerous side effects. As far as I know. Did your friend do other illegal drugs as well?.

My life is like water, swirrling down the drain.&&Gonna get me a shotgun, and disconnect my brain.

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #14 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 6:09am

I did it a few times in another lifetime (seems everything seems that way lately Wink ) I don't remember it affecting my CH.  I'm sure if it made a big impact I would definately remember!  I sure was in a more upbeat mood for the following few days (afterglow)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

kika
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #15 - May 3rd, 2012 at 10:38pm

DannyV wrote on Apr 1st, 2012 at 2:03pm:

MDMA has been proven to have no dangerous side effects. As far as I know. Did your friend do other illegal drugs as well?.

I am curious about your source of information. In my line of work I have seen many deaths that resulted from MDMA use.

If the seizures don't kill them, then they tend to die as a result of either DIC, hyponatremia, rhabdo and resultant renal failure or intracranial hemorrhage from the hypertension.

There is no safe amount of this drug and considering there are other, much safer alternatives ( RC seeds, mushrooms) I think it's an incredibly risky treatment option.

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #16 - May 5th, 2012 at 8:22pm

Over the years, there have been a few people reporting some success with MDMA. Some success meaning some improvement. No broken cycles that I know of.

That said, yes, for the most part MDMA off the street is rarely pure MDMA. There are three common types. One is cut with Meth, one is cut with cocaine, and the third cut with heroin.

And again, yes, ANYTHING, if abused, including water, can land you in the hospital or worse.

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Darkfire
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

MD, USA
Reply #17 - May 7th, 2012 at 11:19am

DannyV wrote on Apr 1st, 2012 at 2:03pm:

It can drain your spinal fluid. So can Topamax. Very bad for me like me with spinal injuries. Plus the let down/recovery period is too long. Good luck though.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #18 - May 7th, 2012 at 7:31pm

MDMA can drain your spinal fluid?  That's a new one on me.  I didn't think the recovery period was that long.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #19 - May 7th, 2012 at 9:09pm

Hello,

My friend says when he does his shrooms he always feels a lil loopie for about a week afterwards. Then after that he is fine. Also he says he knows when its time to do them again, he said he gets lil flashback feelings within 3-4 months after taking them, Sometimes longer.

Outside of that he said he feels like he is in the best shape of his life.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Darkfire
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

MD, USA
Reply #20 - May 7th, 2012 at 9:56pm

deltadarlin wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 7:31pm:
MDMA can drain your spinal fluid?  That's a new one on me.  I didn't think the recovery period was that long.

I am wrong.

It just messes with your Serotonin. Not something I can afford to do but it makes much more sense to me why some people get anxious and some people get speedy with PURE MDMA.

I found ONE study on Topamax being used for intracranial swelling or something. Not sure where I put the links. I brought it to my doctor and went off it after she confirmed this. I have spinal injuries and issues.

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #21 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:57am

Darkfire--the problem with those studies that you posted is that they really don't say much about normal human use...

The first study, about depleted serotonin levels, is best explained here-

Some highlights--"there is some suggestive evidence that there are serotonin reductions in a group of people who have taken MDMA an average of 90 or more times"

"There is no evidence that there are serotonin reductions in groups of people who have taken MDMA fewer than 90 times."

"An unpublished MAPS-funded study by Ricaurte, in which oral 2.5 mg/kg MDMA was administered to non-human primates once every two weeks for four months (8 administrations) showed no effect in levels of serotonin"

The second link says straight out " Monkeys were administered toxic doses of MDMA; two weeks later, the animals were lightly anesthetized with ether and CSF was obtained by means of cervical puncture"

A toxic dose is a toxic dose, you would expect bad things to happen...

I agree wholeheartedly that MDMA if abused can seriously cause some brain damage.  The difference is between abuse and use.  Britain's own head of the Government's drug advisory body(or at least he was--until he got fired for saying this), Proffesor David Nutt said that Ecstacy was no more dangerous than horseback riding.  I consider Tylenol to be a much more toxic substance with a greater risk of death and irreparable bodily harm. (accounts for more than 56,000 emergency room visits, 2,600 hospitalizations, and an estimated 458 deaths due to acute liver failure each year)

I have never tried MDMA for my clusters, but I would not be surprised if it worked as a pretty damn good abortive.  (not so sure about long term or "busting" a cluster...but it wouldn't really surprise me either...)  Amphetamines in general have been shown in some folks to be effective (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) and the class of drugs that Ecstasy is in (Phenethylamines) have an amphetamine aspect of it, that's why a lot of ravers use it, because it is a hallucinogen that also gives them a good bit of energy.  This amphetamine side is also what gives it the biggest risk, overheating.  Luckily, you can smoke weed to counteract the effect (assuming it's not going to trigger a cluster for you Smiley ) --

I'm betting the combo of amphetamine and serotonin rush would kick a clusters ass, but I can't say how you would feel the next day...Although out of the few reports we've gotten from people, I have never heard anyone say that it made their clusters in any way worse.

All that is all great info, but there is a majorly good point being made in that you really don't know what you are getting when you buy the stuff...I don't think it's impossible to get real MDMA, but I'm betting you really have to know someone.

Last thought--what Kevin_M was saying about George Ricaurte's negative studies...The story behind it was that Ricaurte who was at one time a respected researcher (and NIDA crony) did studies claiming brain damage, and after Charles Grof and MAPS confronted all sorts of inaccuracies with the study and had to pull out freedom of information act BS on him it was finally brought to light that a vial was labeled wrong and he "accidentely" gave monkeys huge doses of Methemphetamine instead of MDMA (oops!)  Many researchers have pointed out that even if this was not intentional (many many researchers feel otherwise) Ricaurte ignored many previous studies that showed completely different results, not to mention the fact that Monkeys were keeling over dead at doses that didn't make sense for MDMA--and then went on to publish his BS all over the place. 

More fun reading on this subject here--

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #22 - May 9th, 2012 at 2:34pm

Interesting post Ricardo.

However I think I'll stick with using oxygen to kill my CHs off in a few minutes without any side effects.

IP Logged

Cadz
CH.com Newbie

There's Glitter on the
Floor!

Canberra, Australia
Reply #23 - May 23rd, 2012 at 8:28am

I have. Episodic, but took MDMA during cycles. I have to admit I did get away with a few days headache-free.

Not sure if it is a viable long-term solution; but quite an interesting point.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!