Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
?'s re: r.c. seeds (Read 14248 times)
bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
?'s re: r.c. seeds
Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:13pm

I've got a couple of questions regarding the use of r.c. seeds that maybe others have also wondered about. When anyone who has the answers also has the time, perhaps they could be answered.

1. Should the seeds be roughly crushed or finely powdered?
2. Should the H2O used to hydrolyze the seeds' contents be distilled or tap? What temperature?
3. What minimum/maximum time should elapse between dosings?
4. How many dosings should be tried before abandoning the treatment?
5. What chance that a batch of seeds from a reputable dealer could be worthless?
6. How long (i.e. minimum/maximum time) after dosing should any positive effects be noticed?

Most of the above questions have been addressed in this forum but a variety of answers have been given.

Thanks for your time and for sharing your knowledge.

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Re: ?'s r.c. seeds
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:36pm

bonkers wrote on Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:13pm:
I've got a couple of questions regarding the use of r.c. seeds that maybe others have also wondered about. When anyone who has the answers also has the time, perhaps they could be answered.

2. Should the H2O used to hydrolyze the seeds' contents be distilled or tap? What temperature?
5. What chance that a batch of seeds from a reputable dealer could be worthless?
6. How long (i.e. minimum/maximum time) after dosing should any positive effects be noticed?

Most of the above questions have been addressed in this forum but a variety of answers have been given.

OH Bonkers...sounds like you are having a bit of turmoil...Hate that..
   I have all the same questions, as I am waiting for my seeds to come.

You are right...a variety of answers come, and it is so confusing, especially when we feel a tad desperate.

thank you for asking those particular questions   wish I could help you     keep us posted!

you hang in there!          lorac

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 12:01am

I would suspect that you will get the same variety of answers when asking the same group of people.

RC seed therapy is somewhat uncharted territory. Those of us who use or have used them can only offer our experiences. The rule book has not yet been written.

Did you check for any possible interaction with Methadone as suggested previously? It is also quite possible that Metahdone may be blocking any positive effects from the seeds.

Marc

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 1:38am

Marc wrote on Oct 15th, 2009 at 12:01am:
RC seed therapy is somewhat uncharted territory. Those of us who use or have used them can only offer our experiences. The rule book has not yet been written.
Marc

Well said Marc.

?1- doesnt matter

?2- good question. use lukewarm to cold water.
Tap water in many metro areas has high chlorine and chemical content that may diminish the LSA and other chemicals in the hydrolizing process but not sure.
There may be a chemist among us that could answer that.
I just dissolve the crushed seeds under the tonque.

?3- varies person to person for me 8 hours as a minimum. for many several days.

?5- its possible. interesting research from 1957
" One variety came from Cuba. It was smaller, and it did not have the same psychological effects. The Mexican variety was larger, however, and had more profound effects"
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

?6- Some CH effect however small should be noticed fairly quick in my opinion but first you must find your own effective dose and as Marc says the methadone may be interfering.
Its all about serotonins ebb and flow it seems.

MJ

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 4:47am

Thank you all for your answers so far to my questions. My only reason for thinking that Michael's use of Methadone may not be interfering with the action of the r.c. seeds was his very strongly positive reaction to a sub-psychedelic dose of LSD. He went 5 full, wonderful days w/o even his ever-present "background" headache. I'd like to be experimenting with stronger psychedelics, but they're illegal and very hard to come by. We looked for 8 months until finally hearing that a friend of ours knew somebody who knew somebody who knew somebody; and that somebody has now dropped below the radar. 

-Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 7:24am

Quote:
I'd like to be experimenting with stronger psychedelics, but they're illegal...

Ingesting RC seeds is, too (cultivating them is not). That's not stopping anyone.

In for a dime, in for a dollar. Why not step up your search? Look for another somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody.... Wink

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 7:46am

Bonkers,

I would seriously start reading the Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register website.  You'll get many different answers to your questions from folks on here which may confuse you.  I would use the CB's as your base and then experiment from there.  All of those questions are answered on Clusterbusters and if they're not, you can ask Bob W the president of Clusterbusters.  Just read, read and read some more.
I didn't ask anybody on here how to use them other than where to buy them.  I printed out the umpteen pages on CB's site and keep it in the medicine cabinet.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 11:49am

Hey Bonkers, check yer private messages.  Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 6:48pm

just do a rough crush

I use tap, room temp,
          maybe slightly warm -not hot

I have stuck with the
       clusterbusters recommendation of 5 days

In my personal opinion, with your son's situation, I would keep trying, it may take many doses before significant results may be seen.

My supplier has always been iamshaman.com and I've never been disappointed.  Try another supplier

see # 4 above

Bonkers, I can only speak from personal experience, and others have had different experiences with the seeds.  Don't give up too soon

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 9:30pm

Brew, we're doing just that. I hope it doesn't take another 8 months.

Chad, we've read and continue to read both Clusterbusters and this forum. We're brand new here and will follow your kind advise. I'm 63 and retired so I've got the time and the passion to take this on as my new full-time job. Nothing is as important to me as getting my son a life.

Sandy_C, thanks. We ordered 100 seeds from Iamshaman, but received more like 250. Michael took 30 the first time, waited 4 days and took 45. No effect either time. We're going to wait 5 days, take 35, wait 5 days, take 35, etc., until they're gone. I'm going to order another 100 seeds and take them the same way. That should provide us with a pretty good test. Michael sees his doctor next week. We're going to ask for another O2 prescription and present him with the ammunition we now have for a high flow rate (at least 15 LPM) and a proper breathing apparatus. If we can't get 'em from him, we'll get 'em from someone else. If neither of these work, we'll continue to look for psychedelics and other remedies on this forum and elsewhere. We will find something that works.

-Blake

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 6:37am

Bonkers,

You're doing the right thing by retaining all you can here.
The best thing you did was finding this site because I must say it's been a lifesaver to me.
Best of luck to your son.  You're a great father for caring for him like that. 

Cheers,
Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 12:37pm

I use a coffee grinder

a couple ounces of plain ole tap soaked for 2 hours

Detox from all other meds.  I dosed 4 times 5 days apart, then monthly after that.

It worked for me, so I have no answer for this.  I did continue to get hit after the first couple doses.  It took dosing monthly for more than 6 months before I considered myself pf.  I did still get the random hit for almost a year.

If in doubt, buy another batch.  Worth the expense.

The hits did seem to get stronger after the first couple doses, then tapered off after that.  See my answer to 4 above.

This has been my experience YMMV.

Beth
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2009 at 12:58pm by midwestbeth »  

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 3:17pm

Chad, thanks. I've got a great son. I feel the same way as you do about this forum. The ONLY good thing that I've found about C.H.'s is the honest, heart-felt compassion and an anxiousness to help that they generate in others.

Midwestbeth, hi there. Thank you for sharing. What does YMMV mean?

-Blake

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 9:59pm

Bonkers, please keep us posted on how Michael is doing.  We are all hoping and praying that the seeds will give him some relief.

By the way, you can order from iamshaman a bag of 500 seeds, last quite a while. But, don't keep them in the little plastic bag they come in.  Get a small jelly jar with a screw top lid, put the seeds in, screw it down tight, and store the jar in the fridge.  I helps to keep the seeds fresh and from my experience, they don't seem to lose much potency..

Sandy
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2009 at 10:00pm by Sandy_C »  

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 10:06pm

Your Mileage May Vary.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:11am

Thank you for your interest in my son, Sandy - and to everyone else on this forum. I'm really sorta shocked at the response. Until just a few days ago, we were alone. Not any more. It feels kinda like we've been adopted by a really big family.

I'll continue to stay active on this forum and keep you all posted on our progress. A couple more days till the next dose of seeds and an appointment with Michael's Pain Doc mid next week. We'll tell him of our success with LSD - which should surprise the hell out of him - and request an Rx for O2. By the way, should a quality, non-rebreather mask and a 15-25 LPM regulator be available from the supplier if I can talk the Dr. into prescribing them?

-Blake

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #16 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:15am

Brew, that one I never would have guessed. Thanks.

-Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #17 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 7:36am

bonkers wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:11am:
Thank you for your interest in my son, Sandy - and to everyone else on this forum. I'm really sorta shocked at the response. Until just a few days ago, we were alone. Not any more. It feels kinda like we've been adopted by a really big family.

I'll continue to stay active on this forum and keep you all posted on our progress. A couple more days till the next dose of seeds and an appointment with Michael's Pain Doc mid next week. We'll tell him of our success with LSD - which should surprise the hell out of him - and request an Rx for O2. By the way, should a quality, non-rebreather mask and a 15-25 LPM regulator be available from the supplier if I can talk the Dr. into prescribing them?

First off, yes you have joined a big family. Except most real families don't treat each other with this much respect.

Second, most oxygen supply houses aren't going to have regulators that go up past 15 lpm. You can either buy one on ebay or get two of them and connect them with a "T" fitting, open them up to full, and have one line going to the mask at 30 lpm.

Third, here's the mask you want:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I get the less expensive one because I prefer using the mouthpiece. But those who prefer the mask fitting have reported that the more expensive one is REALLY nice. I actually have three - one at home, one in the car, and one at the office.

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #18 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 8:54am

ya...the clustermask is the BEST.  no comparison, I am about to order another, for my mobile unit. Smiley

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #19 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 9:08am

lorac wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 8:54am:
ya...the clustermask is the BEST.  no comparison, I am about to order another, for my mobile unit. Smiley

Except the clustermasx is no longer available. This one is called the O2ptimask and is the one available here on clusterheadaches.com.

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #20 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 8:25am

OH !  well you mean what I know !

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #21 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 4:12pm

I don't want to keep my fingers crossed so tightly that I lose circulation in them, but the last 3 days have been remarkably mild for Michael. His main complaint has been an inability to sleep. Could it be that the seeds . . . . ? It's about time for another dose. We'll just have to see. I don't want to get our hopes up. We'll keep you posted, if . . I . . . can just . . . . get . . my fingers . . . uncrossed.

-Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #22 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 4:20pm

Oh MAN would that not be the greatest thing ever if that mild trend could continue??!!

Don't worry I knocked on wood feverishly when typed that.

Between your finger crossing strain and my wood knocking  knuckle scrapes we may both have to file claims for SRHI (superstition related hand injuries).   Shocked

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #23 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 6:54pm

Bejeeber, thanks for the lift and the laugh!

-Blake

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #24 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 8:01am

bonkers wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 4:12pm:
I don't want to keep my fingers crossed so tightly that I lose circulation in them, but the last 3 days have been remarkably mild for Michael. His main complaint has been an inability to sleep. Could it be that the seeds . . . . ? It's about time for another dose. We'll just have to see. I don't want to get our hopes up. We'll keep you posted, if . . I . . . can just . . . . get . . my fingers . . . uncrossed.

OH YEA!....we are all pulling for ya. Smiley
  Keep us posted as to his progress.   

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!