Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Have ya'll missed me????? (Read 614 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Have ya'll missed me?????
Oct 11th, 2009 at 9:12am

Since Thursday night I've been on a "survival course".... Sometime during the night my electricity went out and just came back on a little while ago.

Now being in the country we can survive without power EXCEPT we're on a WELL... and it needs power to get us WATER.... It's HARD to survive without water....

Not thinking this power outage would last very long, we did not panic. We got the 5 gallon water jug out of the barn and boiled coffee on the grill - no biggie, BUT after about a day of this - (the next morning) it was getting a little bit "cranky" around here.

No, of course we DO NOT have a generator (this doesn't happen that often). But the SECOND day of this we DID borrow a generator that would work the well pump and WATER is WONDERFUL and there was enough HOT water left in the water heater for a BATH (no one can imagine how wonderful a BATH can really feel! - or how great is is to FLUSH a toliet!).

Candlelight has it's uses, but to light a house... ummmmm. And the weather was awful - it got COLD. Ok, we have a fireplace and it was going, but it's in one end of the house and my bedroom is in the other, so it was COLD there.

This morning I woke up to another day of dark and was sitting there contemplating NOTHING and lo and behold the LIGHT came on --

Today I'm a happy camper. I'm WARM, have HOT water - the toliets are flushed, my hair is washed (and dried) and we SURVIVED our ordeal.

And I have a COMPUTER again, so my withdrawal is over...

And how did your weekend go?

Hugs BD Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Re: Have ya'll missed me?????
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 11:30am

Sounds like not much fun Barb. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I know how you feel. Gone are the days when this kind of thing was just an adventure. I get pretty testy without my microwave and coffee maker.

Last spring we had more than a day without hot water too. Good that I had had a bath a week before. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie (It's supposed to be 29 degrees tonight so my 50 year old furnace better behave..)
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2009 at 12:01pm by Charlie »  

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 1:07pm

Sounds like one of those "exciting" adventures that's more fun in hind sight! Wink Glad yer back Barbara. Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mandeville, LA
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Welcome back from the past.

After the storm we left filled hoses in the sun for hot water. Cold well water will make you improvise.

Happy you're back.

Steve G

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 7:16pm

stevegeebe wrote on Oct 11th, 2009 at 6:06pm:
Happy you're back.

At least SOME ONE is happy you're back ...

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 7:47pm

You got to go camping and never left the house Barb...

Least it wasn't rocks for pillows and big great root in your back.

Happy to see ya back.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 11:24pm

Sounds like one of those camping weekends without the expense of leaving home. Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 6:55am

Yeah - a camping weekend it was... Except my idea of roughing it is a suite in Vegas with no room service...

I throughly enjoyed a "warm" house last night with a TV going and coffee made this morning and my computer all fired up, etc... Don't think I'll take all that for granted again any time soon.

Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!