Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rebound Headache for 11 hours??? (Read 1235 times)
LucyBee210
CH.com Junior

x0|Brooksville|USA||0|0|FL,Florida
Rebound Headache for 11 hours???
Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:51pm

Oh man, what a day I've had.  Slept well last night and got hit at 6:30 AM with a cluster. At 10 AM another one started and never left ... I've done some reading today inbetween almost blindness from pain and sounds like rebound headache.  I am at a loss..
When my doctor called in my first RX for Sumatriptan it came in a hard plastic holder with 9 pills.  He called in refills today for me so I'd be safe over the weekend and pharmacist said can't refill for another 31 days !! Holy Chit on that !!  After reading all the info on rebound HA's I'm almost ready to go cold turkey on everything and tough it out like I've always done.  This condition is so inhumane - No human being should have to suffer like this...

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Rebound Headache for 11 hours???
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 9:23pm

If you want to put the triptans aside, you should have something else to abort. Do you use oxygen?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:19pm

LucyBee210 wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:51pm:
This condition is so inhumane - No human being should have to suffer like this...

I'm with ya there LucyBee, sorry to hear about your day in hell!!  Cry Sad

If you do decide to stay on meds, I would first question the use of Imitrex pills. You're probably aware that injections are the form most of us CH'ers who use Imitrex prefer for aborting an attack. They're plenty expensive though and it sounds like you're running into some insurance coverage snags (actually they're only half as expensive as they may first seem - further info here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register).

I'll assume that Imitrex isn't the only med your doc has prescribed, because you'd certainly want to be on an effective preventative, so you don't have to use too many abortives, which can cause indeed cause some dreaded rebound syndrome probs.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 11:04pm

Jeez Lucy, sounds like my day yesterday! Sorry for your day. If it was like my day yesterday, it was one of the worst days ever!
I can't remember, are you using Oxygen? Please say yes! Using anything else besides the sumatriptan pills? Please say yes!

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

LucyBee210
CH.com Junior

x0|Brooksville|USA||0|0|FL,Florida
Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 8:57am

I do not use oxygen. I  have a new doctor who is doing his research on cluster headaches, which I am extremely grateful for since my other doctor told me to drink 'tonic water' because of the oxygen and water content !!  I do believe I am nearing the end of my cycle - can't be absolutely sure on that but I have decided to forego all meds (Imitrex) to avoid those awful rebound headaches.  I had 4 little episodes last night - not a big deal but the sleep interruption makes it miserable.  I will tough it out from here on out. I had an MRI last week and hopefully my doctor will give me some results of that and maybe move on from there.  Thanks for all of your concerns and suggestions.  Have a great week..

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 10:30am

Quote:
my other doctor told me to drink 'tonic water' because of the oxygen and water content !! 

Lucy,  I am very glad you have a new doctor.  The one that told you this (above) wasn't worth his co-pay.  Angry

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!