Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Add salt to th wound (Read 790 times)
Skullcrusher
CH.com Junior

I'm Tired of Hurting!

Guelph,Ontario, Canada
Add salt to th wound
Oct 7th, 2009 at 7:25am

Sunday started with 18 holes of golf, then i was to meet my family at the arena for my sons hockey game. (he got 2 goals and 2 assists proud dad) Leaving the arena I was hit by a car on my motorcycle. Some interesting things were that I had 2 broken arms, 9 broken bones. The paramedics couldn't believe that I was calm and kept saying no to any pain killers. Even in the hospital I didn't need anything. BUT !!! My first night home I was pleased to be visited by the beast shortly after going to sleep. Shoot me now!!! The difference in pain is unbelievable. I now have a good comparison that the CH pain doesn't compare.....I am not a cry baby.

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Re: Add salt to th wound
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:23am

I had a similar experience at putting ch pain into perspective.  I had a twisted fellopian tube that had cut off blood flow to my overy and killed it.  It was very painful but it took me 3 days before I saw a dr.  He couldn't understand why I waited so long.  I simply said the pain wasn't as bad as my ch.  My dr became my best ch advocate after that incident. 

Sorry to hear about your accident.  I hope you heal fast!
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:25am by Karla »  

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:17am

I hope you heal fast.  Know what you mean about differences in pain.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:41am

Sorry about the M/C accident.. 

Being a Biker, I know the feeling of eating the pavement... Although I wasn't taken out by a car.. I did allow a deer to show me who's boss.

I Pray that you will have a speedy healing ...

Other pains and ailments, defiantly will allow one to put CH Pain in perspective..... There is nothing I've ever experienced in life that can compare.

Peace & Blessings
LadyLuv

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 2:04pm

OUCH!

They don't know that CHers aren't martyrs, just damned happy that the beast isn't looking over their shoulder. I guess he was though..... Damn. I hope you heal quickly and chase the beast out too.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 11:28pm

the only thing i can compare it to is a root canal. and i don't think a root canal hurts as bad. + root canal pain is temporary.

i know this. any other kind of pain that i'm having is canceled out by CH.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 12:52am

The other good thing is that we tend to mend quickly.  Hope you do as well.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 5:13am

Yeah, keeping the rubber side down....gets a little tricky when they use you as a bumper car!!!! Praying you heal quickly.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!