Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new combo and im a little worried (Read 655 times)
TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
new combo and im a little worried
Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:49pm

anybody ever been on lithium and verapamil at the same time?im currently on 1500mg of lithium and 240mg of verapamil er a day,,doc told me this was something we were gonna have to monitor closely

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Re: new combo and im a little worried
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:06pm

I've been on both for over 18 yrs. Lithium 600mgs/day, Verapamil 480mgs/day. For Lithium, blood tests are done to monitor the level, to make sure you stay out of a toxic stage. 1500mgs is a high dose. Whatever works.

For Verapamil, as the dose is increased, EKG's are done to monitor effect on the heart and vascular system. Easy test.

I believe this combination changed me from Chronic to Episodic.

Kick some beast butt,  Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:11pm

well ive been on 1200mg of lithium for almost 2 years now,,and ive been on and off verapamil several times just never the two together,,

doc told me yesterday my lithium level was .8 with the range being .6 to 1.4 so we thought we had a little room to play so to speak,,

maybe i should add my total cocktail right now is 1500mg lithium,240mg verapamil,9mg of melitonin,,pred taper when needed,imitrex inj when needed,and of course o2 when needed
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:13pm by TarHeel-blues »  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:24am

Sounds like you have a good doc who is monitoring you with care. IF you are going to have problems with lithium, then tend to develop slowly enough that you can catch the early signs and get to the doc (who should have told you what to look for.)

A useless side note: when I was in practice in Shelby my office gave me a view of  the lithium mine in S.C.--the only source, I believe, in the U.S.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 7:14pm

Wow, I love hearing about a doc who is willing invest the effort to up the dose and to monitor you, looking for success.

Yes, we have had several people taking both at the same time.

Marc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!