Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I simply can't stop crying tonight (Read 2109 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
I simply can't stop crying tonight
Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:53pm

I got back home from work 3 hours ago and read a message from my childhood best friend. Her mother, a dear friend and a family friend to me, had passed away on Sunday. Cry

I've been crying pretty much non-stop ever since I read her message. Eeva, her mother, was an amazing woman, a role model to me in many ways. She was kind, caring, compassionate woman, who had a loud voice, wonderful laugh and a huge heart, which had a special place for each kid she came across. I know that my childhood would have been completely different without Eeva, she had the ability to bring out magic in ordinary things and talked to every kid like she was talking to the Most Important Person in the world.

If I'll ever have the chance to a mother, she will be my example - she was a housewife at the time when it wasn't cool to stay at home in here. She always put her family first instead of work, a complitely different perspective than many other women I know and have known in my life.

I'd call her family, but I simply do not know what to tell them and I cannot even look at their house -located next door- without crying.

What makes things worse is that nobody knows why she died at this point. She was visiting her son and his family out of town when she suddenly died. It could have been a stroke or heart attack, they simply don't know yet. Cry

Eeva had just retired earlier this year and had lots of plans she could now do with her husband and their two kids and grandkids. It saddens me that there is one baby boy, less than a year old, who will never have the chance to really get to know his incredible grandmother. Cry

RIP Eeva, I will never forget you. This world was indeed a better place with you in it and the gap you left will never be filled entirely. Memories will comfort the rest of us now when your time here on Earth has come to its end.

Sanna Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:56pm by sandie99 »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Re: I simply can't stop crying tonight
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:32pm

Sanna,
Your words are beautiful. A tribute to a wonderful woman, and I am so sorry for your loss. Perhaps you can express yourself in a note to her family, just as you have expressed them here, and finish with a special message telling them you will speak to them when things settle down, or if they need anything??
Your words, in any form right now, will comfort, you express yourself so well.
Again, my sympathies to you in the loss of someone you've loved.
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 3:44pm

I'm sorry for your loss of such a special person to you.

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 4:06pm

Quote:
Eeva, her mother, was an amazing woman, a role model to me in many ways. She was kind, caring, compassionate woman, who had a loud voice, wonderful laugh and a huge heart, which had a special place for each kid she came across. I know that my childhood would have been completely different without Eeva, she had the ability to bring out magic in ordinary things and talked to every kid like she was talking to the Most Important Person in the world.

If I'll ever have the chance to a mother, she will be my example - she was a housewife at the time when it wasn't cool to stay at home in here. She always put her family first instead of work, a complitely different perspective than many other women I know and have known in my life.

You say you would call them but don't know what to say????   What you just said to us here is a great start Sanna.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:26pm

Ditto! 

Your presence at this time will mean more to them than the words.  They know how much she cared about you and you her, so just your presence even if all you can do is cry with them will bring great comfort.

In a couple of days when things have settled down and they can think through things share what you wrote us.  It will mean much more then.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:54pm

My deepest Condolences on your loss Sanna !

I ditto the comments above call the family and read your post or at least speak some of it to them, it is a very touching commendation to a wonderful woman!

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:54pm

So very sorry for your loss Sanna. Eeva made a huge impact on your life and now you have this void, and it all seems so unfair for you at this point.
You and others were so very lucky to have spent part of your lives with her, and now she has gone to a better place.
Our deepest condolences and remember the good times and celebrate her life with you. Losing someone you were so close to is the hardest thing in the world, but it was her time.
I wish we could be with you right now to comfort you but all we can do is send you and her family and friends all the prayers we have.
PM me if you need to talk, I will be here for you.
  Hugs, Barry & Angie Smiley Cry Smiley Cry

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 7:30pm

I'm sorry for your loss.  Make it your duty to tell her little baby grandson all about what she meant in your life.  It keeps her alive for everyone.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 7:57pm

My heart goes out to you, Eeva and her family.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 8:52pm

Sanna,

What a beautiful tribute. Moms...aint nothing like 'em.
Lucky enough in my life to experience similar, treated me like one of their own. When they passed, it was like losing a family member, and I shared my memories and regard....it was accepted with the utmost appreciation.

When you are ready...share what you so beautifully shared here....it WILL mean a lot to them.

My condolences,

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:39pm

Rats.

So sorry for you and your friends but I'm very happy that I got to read your tribute. It was something!

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 12:31pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Sanna. Sending you a hug and my thoughts are with you and her family at this time.

The others are right - you wrote a beautiful tribute right there.

xx

Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus

Work it out baby!

New York|USA
Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 12:46pm

Sanna,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's hard to talk about it when you lose a loved one that is not technically "family", even if they are in your heart. 

I'm not sure how you do things there, but if you think it wouldn't be a terrible breach of ettiquette, you could just go next door- you may not have to say a word.  I'm sure your friend understands how much her mom meant to you as well.  You could just be the hug she needs. 

Pepp

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register FYI- I am NoT a clusterhead!
Love and kindness are never wasted.
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 2:58pm

Sanna,
All I can say is I'm sorry, Sweetie.  She was a wonderful person.  You'll hold her close in your heart forever.

Sincere condolences.

Jackie

IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 3:20pm

Sanna... I am ssssoooo sorry for your lost. She sounds like a really wonder person. If she was half as wonderful as you state she was, she will live on for ever in your and many others heart.

Thinking of the good time and good things I Pray will ease your pain.

I will say a Prayer for you, your friend and her family...

Peace & Blessings
LadyLuv

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

KJ
CH.com Alumnus

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 7:26pm

Love you... Smiley

Quit smoking March 6th, 2008

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #16 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 1:31pm

Thank you all for your support. As I sit here and type this, I'm feeling much better. I did cry twice at work the day after, and I didn't get much sleep during that night. It's intresting how sorrow gets to you.

Me and mom have not been able to express our condolences to Eeva's widow in person yet, because he and the rest of the immediate family have left the city. Eeva's son's house is under construction and they all are there to help him, just like Eeva was on the day she passed away.

On the same time they all are now close to Eeva and when the authorities let them, they will also transport Eeva back to here. Eeva was born and bread and lived her whole life here in Helsinki and she will be buried here as well.

We have not yet decided if we should get them flowers (which they already have plenty) or should I bake something. Back in here, people usually bring and sent flowers. Our house certainly turned into a flower shop on the day dad died.

Sanna

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #17 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 11:26am

Sanna, do you write poetry by any chance?

Something that would last a LOT longer than flowers would be to write a beautiful poem in your own hand, on some pretty paper, describing how much this woman meant to you as well as a couple of instances where she touched your life.

I know when my mother died, a couple of her friends did just that for me.  One was a poem and one was a wonderful letter that I still have and cherish.  I don't even remember what flowers anyone bought, or what food was brought to the house, but those 2 people helped me in my grief, more than anyone/anything else.

Just a thought.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #18 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 2:08pm

Linda,

I do write poetry and I actually tried the whole week to write something for Eeva's memory. And I got absolutely nothing. Sad It's quite devastating fact that a writer cannot write a single line... But I'll try to come up with something.

Mom and I went to visit Eeva's widow tonight. Mom had bought beautiful white flowers and a card. We went there and talked with him about half an hour. All three of us were holding back the tears and he said that the day Eeva had been "the worst day in his life". I knew exactly what he meant, I felt the same way about the day my father died.

Once we left and walked home, my tears came. Now I plan to ask my bosses if I can get time off from work on the day of Eeva's funeral. I'm not sure if they will let me, the funeral will be held on a Thursday, next week.

I certainly hope that they will let me have a half day off... Sad

Sanna

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #19 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 7:29am

So sorry Sanna. Cry
What kind of bosses do you have that might not let you have a 1/2 day off to go to this funeral? Huh That is just wrong.
Again, sorry for your loss. Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #20 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 2:17pm

Thank you again, Barry. Smiley

I asked one of the bosses today and she said that it was ok. I can go! Smiley

And she also said that I don't have to come to work before the funeral or after it. That is wonderful, because when I checked the transport options, I could go for a short while before the funeral, but I would have to leave almost streight away.

Naturally, anything can happen in a weekly magazine, but then again, something always does. I'm ready to be flexible (that's why I went to one event on my own time this evening) and put extra hours, but on a time like this, I hope that some of that same flexibility comes back to me. Just like it seems at this very moment. Now, let's keep thumbs up that the world won't collapse next week, so that I can attend the funeral as planned!

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!