Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
About Korea (deltadarlin's daughter) (Read 3712 times)
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Re: About Korea (deltadarlin's daughter)
Reply #25 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 10:19pm

Brew,
Sorry, but you were right.  I think I left my brain somewhere.  She will fly out at 1:00 AM. 

Phone just rang and it never rings at night.  Sarah is at the airport, there was a little confusion about the flight, but it's all sorted out now.  She can't get her ticket right yet, but she knows where to go and what to do.  We're supposed to call her back in an hour to make sure that everything's okay.  Once she gets past the gates, she's home free. 

Mrs. Lily, the director keeps calling her cell.  Told her to ignore it. 

Not too much longer now and hopefully Jimbo and I both will be able to get some sleep.  When I called him earlier, I told him that I wish he could make my imagination leave me alone.  He said he'd do it, if I did the same for him.

FWIW, she is NOT going overseas again for a very long damned time.  She's going to be lucky if I let her go out of state by herself Wink  (just a bit of levity, folks).

Again, we appreciate all the support.

Carolyn and family

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #26 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 10:23pm

It just comes with the territory - working for an airline for 21 years. Grin

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #27 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:16am

Ok, tell me she's on that plane and on the way home!

Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #28 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:33am

catlind wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:16am:
Ok, tell me she's on that plane and on the way home!

Cat

She is on the plane and on her way home.  Got two e-mails this morning.  One from her and one from Adam (some of you met him in Dallas). 

She said that Mrs. Tracey, the recruiter, called her, begging her to stay, telling her that they would do something.  Well, if you had done that in the beginning, it wouldn't have gotten this bad, would it?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #29 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:44am

Sounds like Mrs. Tracey might be better at the "recruitment" portion of her job than she is at the "retention" part.

Continued prayers for safe travels. Bet you can't wait to hug that girl's neck real tight.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #30 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 8:51am

Sarah - I'm sure you're terriblly disapointed (let down) over this but I'm sure there is something more fantastic waiting for you here. There are many ESL programs here to help people that are struggling once they're here - I'm sure you'll do well and make a difference in someone's life over here.

Safe travels, and welcome home!

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #31 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 12:34pm

Well, if Sarah's flight is on time, she should have just touched down at LAX. Back on American soil.

IP Logged

Val_
CH.com Sponsor

There is nothing permanent
except change.

Bay Area, CA
Reply #32 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 2:16pm

I've heard some GReaT things from friends who have worked for Teach For America if that ends up being something you end up really considering once things settle down Sarah.   Smiley  Still a way to see a different part of this country, help under-privileged kids, teach English, etc.  Let me know if you'd like to talk to someone who is in the program one day!   Cool 
I was considering joining the program before I was blessed with CH and since then I have had enough of a struggle just working F/T.  Smiley  I have to finish my Bachelors degree first. 4 classes to go   Wink  THEN I still may look into it!   Tongue  Looks like a cool program!!!

Val

val2651  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #33 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 9:24am

Just checking in - are you home Sarah?

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #34 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:13pm

Got a message from Carolyn....Sarah is home!!!!! Smiley

I'm sure they will fill us in......anxious to hear the details myself.

Let's hope they are getting some rest....don't think Mom or Dad have gotten much sleep since she left.

Welcome Home, Sarah!

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #35 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:51pm

Glad to hear she's home and safe in the arms of family.

Carol

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #36 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 4:17pm

If need be I have a friend who is an attorney for a Swiss bank.  I believe he could refer you all to a good international attorney. 

Which ever way you decide to go, understand this, that you cannot control what another does.  You can only control yourself and your thoughts.  You can hold your head up knowing you did all within your power to do right, and that is all one can hope to do. 

Jerry 

(Maybe I could hire you to teach me English.  Goodness knows I need it! Cheesy)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #37 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 7:34pm

Yay!!!!(and a big sigh of relief) So glad you're home!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #38 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 10:01am

Sorry about not posting before now, but I had a really intense day at work yesterday and I'm still a bit wiped out from all the excitement of the past week.  Last night was the first night that I actually slept worth a damn.  Sarah slept most of the day yesterday and was still wiped out.  It didn't help that it was cloudy and she couldn't get any sun.  She's at the boyfriends right now.

Everything/body is okay.  I really don't think they will try to sue her.  I can't see where it would be cost effective on their part.  They can't file it on US soil because the contract actually originates from South Korea.

She's already looking at jobs, in fact, she was on her computer Thursday night after we got back from the airport.

'darlin

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #39 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 9:50am

Thank goodness. Not much in this world sucks worse than being in a no-win situation at the same time that you're isolated from any support network.

Welcome home, Sarah.

Maybe you can find a job teaching history (which is my not-so-secret-anymore dream job).

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #40 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 8:04pm

Sarah,
I am hesitant in saying this because I am sure the wounds are still wide open but there are other abroad programs that are good. My niece did a year in Korea teaching English and my other niece did 3 months in Africa and is dying to go back. One of my friends son went to Hungry over 15 years ago and is still there teaching. The Dept. Of Defense Schools are another safer way to teach out of the country.  I grew up in these. Give yourself time to heal and look again. The world deserves teachers like you Sarah. Don't let one bad experience knock you down. Teach Abroad is also good if you want to stay States side. My daughter Lisa is teaching History in a very poor rural school. This is a challenege in itself that she didn't need to leave the country for! Good luck!!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Sarah Elizabeth
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #41 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:14am

To everyone:  Thank you so much~

(I'd meant to reply sooner, but well, jet lag plus the fourteen hour time difference plus the flu...well, I'm barely functioning at the moment.)

I don't think I've ever been so nerve-wracked/scared/petrified in my life, as I was when I was sitting in Incheon Airport waiting to see if immigration would come.

Now I'm playing the waiting game for jobs.  I've applied to Teach for America before, but they have a tendency to go for Ivy League graduates, but we'll see. 

I'm actually not sure if I want to even teach anymore.  I would be much happier sitting in a room doing research, but no one wants a historian with no experience so...

Once again, though, thank you all!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #42 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:19am

One day at a time, young lady. Get yourself well first.

You can do whatever you want to. The world is your oyster.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:23am

Brew wrote on Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:19am:
One day at a time, young lady. Get yourself well first.

You can do whatever you want to. The world is your oyster.

Now that there is good advice!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!