Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taurine Success!!! (I hope) (Read 8661 times)
MadHatter
CH.com Newbie

"No, it's NOT A MIGRAINE"!!!

x0|Colorado Springs|USA||0|0|CO,Colorado
Taurine Success!!! (I hope)
Oct 1st, 2009 at 9:47pm

Started taking Taurine 3 days ago and have had 2 1/2 pain free days since. No shadows, nothing!
I was averaging 5 hits per night, getting on the o2 as soon as I woke up and going through an e-tank every night. My supply was running out and I was out of trex too. Uninsured and looking at only 1 tank left in my supply, I was completely hopeless and fearing the worst.
Then read a post here from a fellow clusterhead who had been using Taurine and Magnesium and was having success, so I bought both for a total of $12 bucks and started right away. 1000mg Taurine in the morning with my regular dose of Verapimil, 400 mg of Magnesium (I suggest taking with calcium as it really tore up my gut) and another 1000mg before bed.
The first night, I only had 1 hit, a kip6-7, and used the last of my o2. The following day, I had a couple of shadows, but nothing more than that. That night (day2), fearful I'd get hit with no relief, I took 2 Dramamine along with the Taurine before bed.
I slept 9 hours straight with no hits, missing an appoinment because I don't remember hearing and turning off my alarm, but felt totally wasted the rest of the day, sleeping another 6 hours. I don't think I'll try taking the Dramamine again. (Read on a website that Opiate addicts use Dramamine and Taurine to sleep through the withdrawls of their habit).
So day 3, no shadows - no hits!!! I'm hesitantly optimistic that I've licked this cycle.
Just got my 1st supply of Hawiian Baby Woodrose seeds (RC) but won't use them unless the beast returns while on the Taurine. Noted that not everyone has the same results from traetments, but this may very well help some if not many of us out there. Wishing you all pain free and drug free relief!!!

IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Taurine Success!!! (I hope)
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 12:18am

Congrats!  Hope your success continues!

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 2:54am

Hi MadHatter, I may just be the Clusterhead you read about.
I have been on the Taurine, Magnesium/Calcium supplements for three years today
(Happy anniversary to me)
For me it took some time to get a build up in the system but am currently 435 days PF & as a chronic that's a good run.
You need the Calcium supplement as the Magnesium block your calcium intake & you will end up with muscle & joint pain that's very much like arthritis.
I hope it keeps working for you.

Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 2:19pm

OK I don't what the heck I've been waiting for - based on these encouraging results I'm gonna try me some o' that taurine, especially since I have a bottle of the stuff laying about.

MadHatter wrote on Oct 1st, 2009 at 9:47pm:
400 mg of Magnesium (I suggest taking with calcium as it really tore up my gut) and another 1000mg before bed.

I wonder if you might want to try another form of magnesium. If thats cheap, common and crude magnesium oxide you're taking, then I'm not too surprised at your reaction to it (although some really fancy pants "Krebs cycle" magnesium I tried was a real pain the gut too). Other forms probably worth checking out would be gluconate, citrate, chelate.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

MadHatter
CH.com Newbie

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 5:29pm

Well, had a setback last night. 2 hits, one big one (Kip7-8). May be a result of the near coma i was in as a result of the Dramamine / Taurine cocktail in which I missed a dose of Tuarine and Magnesium. Or maybe I've just not been on it long enough to have multiple pf days. Thanks Bejeebers for the Magnesium tip and good luck with trying the Taurine. Hope it works for you.
Barry, I'm encouraged by your success and will keep working at it. If all else fails, i still have the HBWR seeds waiting in the wings, but not excited about taking hallucinagens.
PF Wishes.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 6:19pm

You might want to keep in mind (if you're not doing so already) that imitrex use is reported to negate the effectiveness of hallucinogens, so once you start in with the imitrex, you may be kissing the HBWR option goodbye.

(I noticed in another thread that you're on the verge of getting some trex).

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 11:46pm

If you've read a lot here, you may have seen that I too am a big Taurine supporter. But I don't take mag. I take Kudzu Root with my Taurine and 9-12mg of Melatonin before bed each nite. I started this within a few days of starting a new cycle and it has halted the cycle so far. Probably 2 weeks pf now. This is the second cycle in a row it has worked. True believer here! (knocking on wood!!)
PF wishes!

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

MadHatter
CH.com Newbie

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 3:52pm

Thanks bejeeber. I am planning on trying the HBWR. Taurine isnt working, out of trex and o2, so out of options. Feeling desperate. This pain is killing me today with strong after-shadow following a night of k-8s and little sleep. Have taken only 3 doses of Treximet in the past 5 days, so hopefully it won't totally negate the efficacy of the HWBR.
Weatherman, I have read your posts and wish you continued success with the Taurine / Kudzu / Melatonin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!