Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
to post this (Read 1422 times)
andrewjb
CH.com Hall of Famer

when the love of power
becomes the power of
love !

x1|london|England|europe|185|238|
to post this
Sep 29th, 2009 at 5:43am

I needed to post this, in a real rush.
I think this is great. Andrew  Smiley.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Re: to post this
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 8:46am

We've done our own little version of that every time we get notice of this from our credit card companies.  We call and tell them we are canceling the card for the single reason that they raised our rate.

We've had some of these cards for almost 30 years and have excellent credit.  No way am I paying for their bad business decisions.

I like her style.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 9:01am

I did the same recently and cancelled cards because of the same thing. I don't even carry balances on mine but it was the principle!

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:33am

Be sure to weigh all the consequences. Credit rating is based on several things, and among them is length
of time you've had any particular credit. Starting with a new card(s) can hurt your rating.....

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:52am

jon019 wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:33am:
Starting with a new card(s) can hurt your rating.....

To which I say, "So fucking what?" If these are the new rules, I guess I'll deal with any difficulties in borrowing money when I cross that bridge.

With all due respect (i.e., not directed at you, Jon).

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 12:27pm

I'm with Brew.

I've never carry balances and I still get offers of cards even though I have no other income than disability. It's nuts.

I have two cards, and rarely use the things other than for a subscription or two or at the Holidays.

Anyway, it seems no matter what I do, they won't leave me alone. Fine with me. I must have a helluva credit rating somewhere.

Charlie

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2009 at 12:30pm by Charlie »  

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 9:14pm

Brew wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:52am:
jon019 wrote on Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:33am:
Starting with a new card(s) can hurt your rating.....

To which I say, "So fucking what?" If these are the new rules, I guess I'll deal with any difficulties in borrowing money when I cross that bridge.

With all due respect (i.e., not directed at you, Jon).

Totally understand Brew, Pat, Charlie....I have a good CR....comes from Dad who went broke once and refused to declare bankruptcy...took him years, but he paid off every single penny. Afterwards, he would buy the best...but only when he could afford it.

I think I've only missed 2 payments in 35+ yrs...despise owing anything to anybody. I suppose that's just me...that friggin credit rating means a lot.

What you choose to do is, of course, absolutely up to you....I've contemplated similar many times. Just can't do it....and I have to point out that this CR system...as unfair as it may be...is what we live with today. There are consequences....realize them is all I wanted to point out.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 11:56pm

Good for her!  I've beenworking to get out of debt now for several years.  We had a business go under and didn't declare bankruptcy.  We have paid off every creditor with the exception of two who forgave the debt.  Had to live off of credit cards for a couple of years due to injuries and being unable to work, and have worked to get them paid off as well.  Managed to never miss a payment on one of them, and Lord willing will have all of it paid off in three yrs or less.  From that point on I plan on never owing anything other than my house again.  If we are able to follow our plan we will also pay it off in about 10 yrs and be totally debt free.  CAN'T WAIT!!!

Jerry

BTW, we have been following the plan put out by Dave Ramsey at DaveRamsey.com and the Total Money Makeover.  It's really helped us get a handle on things.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

loopy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 12:53am

Dave Ramsey is an evil, evil man.  He is the leader of a cult.  They use weird language like 'debt snowball' and 'gazelle'.  The Ramsey followers are going to kill this economy.  They act in direct contravention to the laws of predatory lending practices, and they horde their hard earned money.

Because of Dave Ramsey, I no longer enjoy weekly sushi dinners and sunday breakfast at the resort.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I have to actually cook dinner for my family on a regular basis.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I actually have to plan my meals and grocery lists.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I have to budget for my car tires.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I no longer have cable or satellite TV to feed my HDTV needs.

Oddly, I'm not increasing my debt every month either, and for some strange reason, I'm a lot happier knowing I'll be completely debt free in less than 2 years.  I also like knowing I won't ever need to borrow money again.  And, hard to explain this one, there is a thrill to be had by having a budget and living as far under it as I possibly can.  It's like a sport, and I'm always the winner.

Evil man.

IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 7:41pm

Loopy wrote on Oct 1st, 2009 at 12:53am:
Dave Ramsey is an evil, evil man.  He is the leader of a cult.  They use weird language like 'debt snowball' and 'gazelle'.  The Ramsey followers are going to kill this economy.  They act in direct contravention to the laws of predatory lending practices, and they horde their hard earned money.

Because of Dave Ramsey, I no longer enjoy weekly sushi dinners and sunday breakfast at the resort.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I have to actually cook dinner for my family on a regular basis.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I actually have to plan my meals and grocery lists.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I have to budget for my car tires.  Because of Dave Ramsey, I no longer have cable or satellite TV to feed my HDTV needs.

Oddly, I'm not increasing my debt every month either, and for some strange reason, I'm a lot happier knowing I'll be completely debt free in less than 2 years.  I also like knowing I won't ever need to borrow money again.  And, hard to explain this one, there is a thrill to be had by having a budget and living as far under it as I possibly can.  It's like a sport, and I'm always the winner.

Evil man.

I like the cut this Ramsey man's jib!  Cool

The cure is out there somewhere...
IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 7:58pm

Visa Debit Card.. Smiley Can't spend what ya don't have...!

lefty..!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #11 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 8:21am

Loopy wrote on Oct 1st, 2009 at 12:53am:

Evil man.

I agree! Grin

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #12 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 12:51pm

I just recieved a notice yesterday that my interest rate on my Chase Visa card was to go up. Considerably.  Today I called and talked to a man in India that I could not understand and told him I would be paying my bill in full and to please cancel my account and I would be sendingmy card back to them  in pieces in the remittance envelope. 

I think??? he said it was an across the board decision and was not personal.  I said I didn't give a rats behind and Chase will be probably have a whole lot more customers than just me doing the same exact thing.

A  Mass exodus would be nice to contemplate while the CEO's tear their hair out and jump from tall buildings.  Grin

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!