Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cycle 2 is approaching... (Read 1157 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Cycle 2 is approaching...
Sep 28th, 2009 at 12:51pm

... or I simply get hit daily just "for fun". Huh

But this time around, I must admit that I'm far too busy to give it too much of my thoughts or my time. It's great to be busy at work (trainee at women's weekly magazine) and then make sure that I get everything else done before it's time to watch what my boyfriend's been up at the BB house! Grin

Yes, that's right, I can see funny side of this all... or perhaps it's just that energy drink I had ealier. Wink

Now, I know that it's early, and only time will tell if this is cycle no 2, but I'm not going to risk it. If I get hit tomorrow also, I shall begun my second guarana trial. This time around I have enough of guarana tabs to tell if they really do make hits milder and/or cycle shorter or even help to end it.

It's fall, my usual ch time, so this not exactly a surprise. I've had my share of new stress and lack of sleep, both of which are triggers for me. Time to take care of Sanna once again! Smiley

PF days to everyone is cycle and getting hit, long remission to everyone who made it back to PF time, vibes & prayers to those who need it this very moment and

Lots of hugs to you all,
Sanna Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: Cycle 2 is approaching...
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:07pm

Well, you are starting this cycle (if in fact you are) with the right attitude, which is 75% of the battle!

The beast is coming to visit?  SO WHAT!!  "Give me your crap, beast, I can handle it!  After all, I am a CLUSTERHEAD, and I can take it!"

I hope that you are just experiencing a few rogue hits, but if you do start your cycle, KEEP UP THE ATTITUDE!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 3:48pm

You got a foot in the direction you've liked to be, glad you're working along the lines of what you've wanted to do, Sanna. 

Please take care of yourself and we'll be here for you through any thin or thickery.

Get lost, beast.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 8:19pm

We are all here for you Sanna, hang in there! All the PF wishes from Canada to you! May this be a fluke and no cycle.

B&A Smiley Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:28am

If it is Cycle 2, I hope it's kept very short for you. I just love your positive attitude! It's infectious!

Let us know how the guarana test goes.

Em
xx

Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 1:57pm

Thank you, guys! Smiley

I decided not to take any chances, so I took today the two guarana tablets the jar recommends me to take. I took at 6.45 am, along with my other vitamins and magnesium tablet and the other one at 6pm, right after dinner.

Today has been easier than yesterday, which is great, but not a pf day. It was a relief that I didn't get hit during an hour and half long meeting with colleagues and bosses! I do plan to write about ch in a way or another, but showing a bunch of journalists what a ch hit looks like in person is not part of the plan... Grin

So far, it has been simple to keep up with the positive outlook. We'll see what will happen as my guarana trial continues; when I tried it earlier this year, it made me cranky during the first week. I'll keep you posted. Smiley

Lots of hugs & PF wishes,

Sanna

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 9:51am

I just can't imagine a cranky Sanna! Your cranky is probably the same as me on a really good day!  Grin

Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 2:26pm

Em wrote on Sep 30th, 2009 at 9:51am:
I just can't imagine a cranky Sanna! Your cranky is probably the same as me on a really good day!  Grin

Grin

Oh Em, I've been cranky alright.
And I do believe that you're much more sunny woman than you let us know, Em. Wink

But I do admit that I cannot recall the time I was cranky before that guarana trial, though. It must have been some years ago.

So far, I'm mostly smiling. No bad hits, one mild one and shadowing. The weather is getting colder, let's see what shall happen.

Lots of PF days to all,
Sanna

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 3:24pm

I really admire your attitude and strength. I wish you pain free days REALLY soon!!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 6:55pm

Good luck young lady, give the ol demon a smacking.

Question
"If Sanna's cranky is Em on a really good day, then where would that put Chuck & me" Cheesy

Cheers
Barry

Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 11:45pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Give him hell Sanna.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 6:33pm

Bump.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:39pm

Thank you guys for your posts. It made me smile on this sad, sad day.

Luckily for me, ch has stayed away today, for the first day in a while. I've had two regular HAs, though, but they're much easier to take care of!

At this point, I do believe that the guarana tablets have helped. Smiley And I haven't been cranky nor stayed up later than usual like I did in the first time I tried guarana earlier this year. That's good, too. Smiley

I'll keep you posted.

Lots of PF days to all,
Sanna

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #13 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 6:02pm

May your PF time last forever Sanna. Smiley

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 2:22pm

Thank you, Barry! Smiley

So far, so good. The guarana tablets have - I can only assume -have kept the beast at bay. I've had regular HAs, but nothing more than mild shadows since I begun my trial.

To me, this is fantastic news. Smiley I'm going to keep on taking guarana until I've been ch-wise PF for a month and then slowly begin to take just one tablet a day and then none.

I hope that someone else would one day check out if guarana helps them as well. But I'm quite convinced that guarana helps me and I'm curious to know it it can help others.

I'm taking two 800mg guarana tablets a day, about 12 hours apart. I take one before breakfast at 6.45am and the other before dinner, around 6pm. This means that I wake up proberly and won't stay up late. Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!